Old 13 Jun 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022 - Day 3, Animal Kingdom

Today we were hoping to still take advantage of the jet lag with Animal Kingdom's very early opening. Dinner was booked for The Grand Floridian Cafe later. The dining report is here.

AK opened at 7.30 so 7 for us. We told Mum we wanted to leave at 6.45 which she was fine with. We woke about 5ish again and I got up at half past. We had some breakfast in the room of a muffin and some fruit we got in Walmart.

We left around 6.45 but by the time we got to AK and got parked and in the park it was around 7.20. On the journey Marie had managed to get us a paid for LL for FoP at 8.50am and then a Genie plus LL for the safari at 9.50am.

We came across this guy on the way through The Oasis.

We headed straight for Pandora as Mum & Dad had never seen is and Navi River Journey was a 15 minute wait. It was actually a walk on.

We then headed to Asia for Expedition Everest which was a 5 min wait and then Dinosaur which was a walk on. I seem to have done a really bad job of taking photos for the first wee while in the park.
By now it was time for FoP which was amazing as always. I thought I might cry just being back on it again. It was Dads first time and he was blown away. It's such a pity Mum doesn't even entertain these rides.
We went for a snack prior to the safari and Marie wanted a colossal cinnamon bun. We got two and a honey pistachio croissant plus coffees and relaxed for a wee while before the safari. We sat at the tables over by Tamu Tamu and came across this key stuck in the wall. I'm assuming it's well known!

While sitting I swapped one of our MK days for AK as we’d already had a much better experience! We'd got so much done and it had been so much more relaxing.
We went on the safari with LL but didn’t bother booking any more.

We walked round gorilla falls which for some reason we hadn't managed to do with Mum & Dad the last time we came.

We left then via the shops. I used mobile checkout to buy a couple of t-shirts and a mug. This was great, especially in the busier shops where the queues were quite large like World of Disney.

Since we'd been up so early and were now on day 3 we were starting to flag. We decided to have a lazy afternoon and just ate at the food court again. We took this back to the room to eat.

Marie got the pulled pork burger (sorry for the rubbish picture).

Mum got the kids chicken pasta which was still a bit too much for her. It didn't look like a kids portion!

Dad and I shared a cheese pizza and also got fries and salad.

This was all good. I really like Disney pizza. We did have some left over though because while you can buy it buy the slice it's almost the same price as a whole pizza (more on this later ).
We mobile ordered this and it cost $47 using the dining credit. Annoyingly the fries don't show as an option on the mobile order page so we had to queue up for those and pay at the till.

We also had a slice of the cookies and cream pie.

We lazed in the room eating lunch and watching Ghostbuster 2. Housekeeping did the room check while we were eating and emptied the bin. He laughed at us watching Ghostbusters but said it was a classic. I think he wanted to stop and watch it .

We had a lazy afternoon in the resort then headed to the Grand Floridian for dinner. at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We were able to take the shorter route past the Four Seasons and Golden Oaks so it didn't take long to get there which is just as well as we had to park at villas so it was a bit of a walk.

Our server here was lovely, bubbly and friendly. Marie got a Grand Colada cocktail and the rest of us a pomegranate lemonade.

Mum decided she wanted some soup and as with the dessert thing, I can't see someone eat an appetiser and not have something (I really need to get over that ). I chose a salad though .
We were brought some bread rolls to start (the sign of a classy restaurant!).

The soup was Loaded Baked Potato soup .

Mum says this was really nice. Unfortunately I can't remember how the server described it and didn't write it down. I remember bacon?
I chose the apple salad which was really nice but too much and I didn't finish it.

For main courses Dad and I got the lobster burger.

This was really nice although I didn't love the chips, they were fine but I prefer skinny fries.

Mum and Marie got the Buttermilk fried chicken.

Again they enjoyed this but Mum couldn't finish hers after having the soup.
I didn't make a note of the cost but I'm guessing about $170 or so plus tip. I was able to pay for it using the dining credit but this time had to follow the server to a wee cubby hole with a till in it!

No dessert tonight as we were too full!

We went back to the resort and had a walk along the riverside to building 7. We considered going as far as POR but we decided against it. We managed to stay awake until about 9pm this time watching Ant Man and the Wasp. It was getting a bit later every night .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day and more nice food

Joan
Old 18 Jun 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day and your food looks amazing
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I glad you managed to get your groove on and that Genie+ was working well for you in AK. It's going to be our first park this summer, and I plan on doing FOP stand by as our very first post covid ride. We've only ever done FP so we've never seen he stand by queue. A shame your mum didn't ride it. She's most likely have loved it if she'd given it a go. Your safari looked good, lots of animals out and about.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Lovely day and your food looks amazing
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I glad you managed to get your groove on and that Genie+ was working well for you in AK. It's going to be our first park this summer, and I plan on doing FOP stand by as our very first post covid ride. We've only ever done FP so we've never seen he stand by queue. A shame your mum didn't ride it. She's most likely have loved it if she'd given it a go. Your safari looked good, lots of animals out and about.
Honestly, Genie plus wasn’t great for us . The ILL on the other hand worked great despite having to pay for it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

That food looks good 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List