Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 22, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, Help again re: DOCHQ Video testing

Sorry to be a pain, but we finally booked our supervised tests with Dochq for tomorrow (Wednesday)

Because Iv'e never done video chats online, it is all new to me. I was practising this morning taking a test in front of the camera, which looked fine.

However, when I showed the Test Box with the name on to the camera, the text was backwards on the screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this so the Healthcare person can read it?
Thanks
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t worry, they won’t care.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

They will work it out - I think they just take the name of the test kit off you and then type it in manually
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Bellasmummy and Gismo. Thats a great help. I have been setting the laptop in position ready for tomorrow.

When we were practicing earlier, the screen went off and I realised that the display was set to turn off after 5 minutes. I've fixed it now.

I'm normally quite calm but all this has raised my stress level so high.

I did think that Royal caribbean, being an American cruise ship would have dropped the testing when the USA lifted theirs, but unfortunately they didn't.

Edited at 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks Bellasmummy and Gismo. Thats a great help. I have been setting the laptop in position ready for tomorrow.

When we were practicing earlier, the screen went off and I realised that the display was set to turn off after 5 minutes. I've fixed it now.

I'm normally quite calm but all this has raised my stress level so high.

I did think that Royal caribbean, being an American cruise ship would have dropped the testing when the USA lifted theirs, but unfortunately they didn't.
Unfortunately the cruising protocols are controlled differently to the air ones. Some cruiselines like Viking have already dropped theirs given this ruling but RC are part of the cruising group thing that means they would have to get full agreement from that crusing protocol to drop it so it will take awhile. I also think most cruiselines will actually take awhile to drop it anyway as they are the most cautious industry. Plus it would be the rules of the water they are in they need to meet so for instances I think the Bahamas still requires testing so they would need to meet that if travelling there.
Old 15 Jun 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Unfortunately the cruising protocols are controlled differently to the air ones. Some cruiselines like Viking have already dropped theirs given this ruling but RC are part of the cruising group thing that means they would have to get full agreement from that crusing protocol to drop it so it will take awhile. I also think most cruiselines will actually take awhile to drop it anyway as they are the most cautious industry. Plus it would be the rules of the water they are in they need to meet so for instances I think the Bahamas still requires testing so they would need to meet that if travelling there.
Thanks Gizmo. You've explained it really well. We have another cruise on the same ship in October. Hopefully they will have dropped the testing by then.
Old 15 Jun 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Just an update. We had our tests this morning. The lady was really professional and friendly. She put me at ease after the stress Ive had with the waiting.
It was all done in 15 minutes and at the end she said congratulations we are Negative. The certificates were emailed through instantly while she was still on the video.

Looking back now, I was concerned for no reason. It was all very easy and we would certainly use them again. (They gave us 30% off the next test)

Highly recommended, and a huge thank you to all who helped us here on the DIBB. You've kept me sane.
James
Old 15 Jun 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Just an update. We had our tests this morning. The lady was really professional and friendly. She put me at ease after the stress Ive had with the waiting.
It was all done in 15 minutes and at the end she said congratulations we are Negative. The certificates were emailed through instantly while she was still on the video.

Looking back now, I was concerned for no reason. It was all very easy and we would certainly use them again. (They gave us 30% off the next test)

Highly recommended, and a huge thank you to all who helped us here on the DIBB. You've kept me sane.
James
Yay! excellent news, enjoy your cruise 😊
Old 15 Jun 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Yay! excellent news, enjoy your cruise 😊
Thanks. I'm sure we will. We can start to get excited now. (We usually get excited several weeks before our holidays, but times have changed)
Old 15 Jun 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

James
Fantastic news! Enjoy the cruise! And completely get your stress - I cruise in September and even the fact that the non-testing for flights is only 90 days is stressing me (105 days from this coming in I fly)!