Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
Hi. We are on the 7th August. Currently trying not to stress about the airline situation! When do you go?
Ah we are on 10th July I'll let you know how we get on

i'm also worried about the air situation as well with strikes and cancellations all over the place. This week Brussels airport closed on Monday and both Ryanair and Brussels airlines are doing 3 day strikes with more strikes planned after 28th June. After two years of covid disrupting travel we now have the very people who should be happy to be working again also disrupting travel.

Old 21 Jun 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
To be honest, neither of us are big drinkers, my husband will have a couple, and I might have one every other day and I don't really drink fizzy stuff either so it might be better for us to get the refreshment package too if we go ahead and book. What cabin did you book?
If you are not big drinkers and don't like soft drinks either then you can just pay as you go there are also coffee cards if you just like coffee.

Don't feel like you HAVE to buy the package we did PAYG for our first two cruises and it was perfectly fine.

We did two cruises like that the drinks package is currently on special offer for Royal Caribbean £275 for the week per person but you have to phone to get it you can't book it online.

Did you look at iglucruises page sometimes they have good comparisons for price.

Also our first two cruises were 14 nights to the med from Southampton. The first time we loved it, the second time we felt it was too much but everyone is personal. What we didn't like about it was the cold sea days the last 2 days of the trip everyone was squashed inside and a bit grumpy lol.

We agreed that if we could have got off at Barcelona and flown home it would have been a better option.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

To be honest, neither of us are big drinkers, my husband will have a couple, and I might have one every other day and I don't really drink fizzy stuff either so it might be better for us to get the refreshment package too if we go ahead and book. What cabin did you book?
We booked the Ultra Spacious balcony room similar to this

nuvo360/3d-model/sym...ny/fullscreen/
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I actually looked at them and found a cruise which included Jerusalem, which is on my bucket list, for a great price. but then read a few threads on here where people said they weren't great and more geared towards Europeans. So wasn't sure abut them!

We were on 4 times last year and loved it, we have cruises DCL, it different, but I can get 2/3 MSC for the price of one DCL!

I don’t have any issue with MSC.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
We were on 4 times last year and loved it, we have cruises DCL, it different, but I can get 2/3 MSC for the price of one DCL!

I don’t have any issue with MSC.
Thank you! Do you know if they are any good for families with teens? Having never looked at cruises before I am so out of my depth!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Thank you! Do you know if they are any good for families with teens? Having never looked at cruises before I am so out of my depth!
We have teens, depends on the ship, the virtuosia has a big water park, 4d cinema, bowling, race car and a big sports gym where they do stuff like drone racing.

My teens loved it.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
We have teens, depends on the ship, the virtuosia has a big water park, 4d cinema, bowling, race car and a big sports gym where they do stuff like drone racing.

My teens loved it.
Oh sounds cool.

Old 23 Jun 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! We decided to book 2 weeks in Croatia next summer as it's somewhere we've fancied for a while, and will save a cruise for another time, we didn't want to commit to one when we weren't 100% sure. I might book a mini cruise to test the waters and see what they are like as DD is adamant she is not going on a cruise as she hates boats (have explained they're not like normal boats lol)

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List