Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 22, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Just got back with an unexpected souvenir...

We just got back from a lovely (but boiling hot!) stay with an unwanted souvenir... Covid!

We felt so safe there, sanitiser everywhere etc... but I guess it was a false sense of security!

Now worrying about anybody we may have given it too
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sanitiser doesn’t really do anything for Covid, it’s a respiratory illness that is breathed in, in micro droplets. Sanitiser is health theatre for Covid I’m afraid, although very good to keep one’s hands clean for other bugs such as those causing gastro intestinal issues.
Get well soon. I fully expect to get Covid again soon (suspect I must have had it but one of the 41% who are asymptomatic before).

Edited at 11:48 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We got a good dose of that too standing in the waiting room with 1000 people before Bourne Adventure Show, luckily we didn't test post until we landed at home, its everywhere :-)
Old 21 Jun 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Oh no hope you don’t feel too poorly. At least you weren’t Ill out there.

We go tomorrow for a long weekend, going to take some masks as we have 2 important family events next weekend so don’t want covid!
Old 21 Jun 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Oh no hope you don’t feel too poorly. At least you weren’t Ill out there.
Yes, I'm so glad it wasn't whilst we were there! My daughter was ill on the last day - covered in a weird rash that I assumed was heat rash - but now I know otherwise!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Only place we wore masks were on flights, not so much to help protect against covid but also colds and the like, as so much can be circulated with the aircon. We've actually been doing this for a while now and also wiping down arm rests, tables, etc before touching anything. I think the majority of illnesses are picked up on flights, used to be we'd always come back with something 🤧

Wasn't particularly worried about Disneyland, since a lot of it is in the open, not saying it isn't a risk of course, as op found.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Only place we wore masks were on flights, not so much to help protect against covid but also colds and the like, as so much can be circulated with the aircon. We've actually been doing this for a while now and also wiping down arm rests, tables, etc before touching anything. I think the majority of illnesses are picked up on flights, used to be we'd always come back with something 🤧

Wasn't particularly worried about Disneyland, since a lot of it is in the open, not saying it isn't a risk of course, as op found.
Funnily enough I said that the other day, I’d be tempted to wear a mask on flights all the time now (sorry those that hate masks) usually I always get a cold on arrival but I’m sure a mask does help as since covid not had any colds after flying and have worn a mask each time. Obviously could just be luck but it’s worth it to me.

We’ll keep the handy for the train into Paris and maybe the shows.
Old 21 Jun 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

DS tested positive two days after we got back, closely followed by DIL and DGD. I had symptoms but tested negative ( probably still had it!)

It’s gonna happen unfortunately, we are at the start of a new wave it would seem.

We didn’t wear masks anywhere. Just hope if I get it when we go to Florida it’s on the way back as was in bed for four days when I had it in April!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
DS tested positive two days after we got back, closely followed by DIL and DGD. I had symptoms but tested negative ( probably still had it!)

It’s gonna happen unfortunately, we are at the start of a new wave it would seem.

We didn’t wear masks anywhere. Just hope if I get it when we go to Florida it’s on the way back as was in bed for four days when I had it in April!
Hopefully you all have a good dose of immunity now anyway so will be fine for Florida. Getting it on holiday would be horrible.
Old 22 Jun 22, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Hopefully you all have a good dose of immunity now anyway so will be fine for Florida. Getting it on holiday would be horrible.
Hope so. We all already had it within the past few months so not sure about that theory! Likely different flavours of Omicron!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List