Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 22, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

How does msc compare to p&o cruises.

Just looking at msc deals and we have only ever been with p&o so just wondering how it compares, food and entertainment wise.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

No one?

Looks like I might just have to risk it.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

We have been on msc seaside when it was only 3 weeks old from Miami. We loved it (apart from some rude Italians) and have been on a few cruises with other companies (celebrity, princess etc): Food wasn’t the greatest and they assigned a shared table at dinner which we weren’t keen on but apart from that service fantastic. We wouldn’t hesitate to go with them again as they’re priced very competitively. Especially with balcony cabins!
Sorry just to edit, never been with p&o as never fancied an all British cruise. Sorry to all the P&O fans 😂

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My brother in law has done both. He didn’t like P&O, too British he said! MSC he wasn’t keen on the food and hated people getting on and off at each port but said the ship was amazing (meraviglia) and he went for Xmas and new year and said the parties were amazing!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Have a look on YouTube for some vlogs of each ship.
Sean & Stef have a series on MSC Seaside

and they have also been on P&O

Norway
and Northern Europe

I also like Ben & David, they were less keen on MSC but they have a ship tour
and a full playlist from MSC Seaview
and also a playlist on P& O

Edited at 04:21 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Have a look on YouTube for some vlogs of each ship.
Sean & Stef have a series on MSC Seaside

and they have also been on P&O

Norway
and Northern Europe

I also like Ben & David, they were less keen on MSC but they have a ship tour
and a full playlist from MSC Seaview
and also a playlist on P& O
Thanks bev. Have had a look but wasn’t for the ship we are looking at. Ben and David put me off slightly lol
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Ben & David had some issues with filming on MSC so I don’t think they were as keen.

Which ship are you looking at. There is sure to be a video of it out there.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I went with P&O in February on Iona and wasn’t impressed, it just didn’t compare with the likes of Princess, Royal Caribbean, NCL, sorry never tried MSC but would like to!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

We have sailed both and I much preferred MSC, probably their excellent drink package helped! We went on the MSC Virtuosa and it stunning, food and drink were outstanding and everything about the ship we loved, the only think I felt it lacked was much in the way of entertainment. Shows were not to our tastes and there was very little live music around the ship, and what there was finished by 9.30. We have sailed several different cruise lines and our absolute favourite is Royal Caribbean.
Old 29 Jun 22, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Sailed a couple of times on MSC Divina in the Caribbean/Bermuda and the Virtuoso around the UK during covid.
Enjoyed both trips on Divina (beautiful ship).
While the Virtuoso was a nice enough ship there just wasn't enough capacity in the venues for the quantity of passengers on board, even though the ship was nowhere near full.
I'd only sail MSC again if the price was really good and not in Europe.
I've sailed with MSC, Celebrity, Princess, Norwegian, Carnival, Royal Caribbean but I don't think I'd ever sail P&O (don't know why) .
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List