Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Feb 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
If it offered a starter like on the deluxe then we would have to crunch the numbers.
I personally hope it doesn’t so that it stays affordable. 3 courses is also too much for me. Although an option to choose starter or dessert would be good. That would make it totally flexible.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would like this - we prefer starters, would be good to have the option of either.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I’ve never stayed on site. Is the DDP good value? It appears handy but does it tie you down a bit? Is it worth considering?
It does in that it’s all designed to keep you within the Disney bubble. If you don’t intend to venture outwith Disney to eat at restaurants it’s great as you get to eat at some decent restaurants in the Disney parks/hotels. But what it doesn’t cover is tips which can almost add up to what you’d pay for a meal outside Disney. If you’re staying onsite and can get the free dining plan it’s good, but I personally wouldn’t pay for it.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

This would suit us. 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Is anyone thinking it may be possible to upgrade for trips already booked, meaning last year's free dining offer for those of us travelling this year? Or do we think it's just for new bookings made after the date it goes live? I've read the announcement a couple of times now and feel like it is for future bookings only.

I appreciate it's all just conjecture, but I'm wondering...

Because if it were to be an increase of £13 per person per day I'd be tempted. I was even thinking if it was anything less than £20 I'd be tempted. But of course, £13 each would be £52 for us per day so that would soon mount up and perhaps would be more economical to just pay OOP for a few of the cheaper TS meals.
We are thinking the same thing - it would possibly be a good option for us (if we hadn’t already upgraded DD9 to an adult). DH is still playing with the numbers, but we’ll have to wait and see what the prices are, and whether it’s something that would even be available to us.

I’m leaning towards thinking if should be available to people who’ve already booked though (just not those of us silly enough to upgrade our children to adults, ie me!) If it’s just going to be another option like the DxDDP, then it would seem odd that we could upgrade to the DxDDP but not the DDP+.

At least it’s only a few days until we should know more about it.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. DH keeps asking to upgrade to DxDP but I keep saying it is too much food. This option could be a compromise if it was available to us.
This is exactly us! DH has been told repeatedly that we don’t want or need to spend the whole time eating, so we’re not upgrading to the DxDDP, but this does sound like a compromise worth considering.

p.s. I just read out your post to DH, who agrees that it’s word for word something I could have written about us!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 12:14 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

This would work great for us. We are staying at the Yacht club and have the free disney dining for august. But if we were able to get 2 x TS credits rather than 1TS and 1QS then I'd go for a big buffet breakfast probably character ones, then a TS meal, or could use 1 TS for be our guest for example. So I hope that its offered for existing bookings

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok I can see the advantage to 2 TS meals not sure I would "waste" a credit on a QS though but I already think it's hard enough planning ADR's without making it 2 a day !
You would have to think that, price point wise, it's got to be somewhere between the current $78(DDP) & $119 (DX), my guess in the region of $100 & in the words of the Dragon's "Im out!"
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Ok I can see the advantage to 2 TS meals not sure I would "waste" a credit on a QS though but I already think it's hard enough planning ADR's without making it 2 a day !
You would have to think that, price point wise, it's got to be somewhere between the current $78(DDP) & $119 (DX), my guess in the region of $100 & in the words of the Dragon's "Im out!"
SD
To make it work you need to use all the credits on TS which means more tip money too

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does anyone else think it’s odd that this is supposed to be out this week and there’s no official word on it yet?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List