Notices

Old 10 Mar 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thank you all. Was definitely a stress I didn't need. I have anxiety and yesterday just really threw me off. I probably blew it out of proportion but I think the fact I was told that yes they were attached annoyed me more.

Anyway I checked MDE as soon as I woke this morning and they were linked (well done Disney! ) I've managed to book FP's, some I haven't managed to get so I'm having to readjust my plans but we have managed most I think. I'll have to keep booking them for the next 4/5 days to get the other days, but fingers crossed for those, I might try and rearrange those plans a little so I can make sure we get everything we wanted.

Do you think I should still put in a complaint with Virgin. I'm really annoyed that I was told by a member of their team that the tickets WERE linked, when clearly they weren't. I know it's only 1 extra day we've had to wait but I missed my lecture to make sure I could get them done and ended up missing the whole day as I was so stressed with it all, phoning backwards and forwards etc. Chris thinks I should complain as it caused undue stress and we haven't been able to book all the FP's we wanted (but then again we might not have been able to anyway?) I don't know. Head's in the shed with it all and I have the dentist this morning, visiting my Auntie and cousin then shopping being delivered and need to decide if I want to start my job tomorrow or next week ... I need a lie down

Thank you all for understanding and sorry for ranting x
So glad you have finally got it sorted! Thank goodness! Sounds like you’ve done well with getting most of what you wanted too.

With regards to complaining... it’s definitely not good enough but I would put yourself first (I also have anxiety issues so empathise hugely) - will complaining continue to make you feel anxious and worked up? If not, then yes I think you should complain, because it might some other poor soul from going through the same stress. However, if it’s going to make the whole unpleasant situation rattle on and it means you can’t draw a line under it, maybe take a deep breath and move on? (Just my thoughts on it)
Best of luck with the new job... whenever you decide to start!
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you all. Was definitely a stress I didn't need. I have anxiety and yesterday just really threw me off. I probably blew it out of proportion but I think the fact I was told that yes they were attached annoyed me more.

Anyway I checked MDE as soon as I woke this morning and they were linked (well done Disney! ) I've managed to book FP's, some I haven't managed to get so I'm having to readjust my plans but we have managed most I think. I'll have to keep booking them for the next 4/5 days to get the other days, but fingers crossed for those, I might try and rearrange those plans a little so I can make sure we get everything we wanted.

Do you think I should still put in a complaint with Virgin. I'm really annoyed that I was told by a member of their team that the tickets WERE linked, when clearly they weren't. I know it's only 1 extra day we've had to wait but I missed my lecture to make sure I could get them done and ended up missing the whole day as I was so stressed with it all, phoning backwards and forwards etc. Chris thinks I should complain as it caused undue stress and we haven't been able to book all the FP's we wanted (but then again we might not have been able to anyway?) I don't know. Head's in the shed with it all and I have the dentist this morning, visiting my Auntie and cousin then shopping being delivered and need to decide if I want to start my job tomorrow or next week ... I need a lie down

I would have been completely the same - we work so hard to plan and pay for these holidays and when something like this happens it is frustrating.

I am glad you have managed to get it linked and most of the FPs you wanted booked. Hopefully you get the rest over the next few days.

I would put a complaint in to be honest. You were told incorrect information which is their fault. I think Virgins ticket policy with Disney needs revising if nothing else. With any other third party you are provided with a reference when they are paid- with virgin it isnt provided until 60 days (or 30 if offsite) and its just too late considering Disneys FP system. Plus if their staff are telling people tickets are linked when they are not they clearly need more training too. As someone pointed out to me they claim to be the Disney experts!

That is quite aside from the fact that its caused you all this stress and is the last thing you need right now! Hope you manage to have a better day today! Xx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Thank goodness it’s all sorted! Glad you managed to get them booked and I look forward to seeing what you have booked!

I would defiantly complain still. You may not have got the fastpasses you wanted if you did it yesterday but they don’t know that you could have done! They told you incorrect information and it’s causes stressed to you so defiantly do it!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I don't think it was blown out of proportion a lot of extra money is paid to guarantee those FP's I thing the upset is justified, Glad you got it all sorted
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thank you all so much.

Thankfully I'm feeling much calmer today but I am still really cross with what's happened. I've had a busy day so not been on much. I haven't got much planned tomorrow so I think I'll start writing the letter. If anyone doesn't mind checking it over before I send it I'd be grateful, but I know how time consuming it can be so no worries if not.

I've agreed to start my job next week ... eeekk! They're quite flexible in what I can work. For minimal disruption with Noah I'm going to do all day Wednesday (after school club for the boys) all day Thursday (Chris's mam picking the kids up) and Friday half day. I've got Noah to write the changes down so he knows what's happening and is prepared, he seems to be doing well so far, fingers crossed.

Tomorrow I have Animal Kingdom FP's to book, fingers crossed for those and I'm hoping to get another 500 words done my dissertation and hopefully start my main findings as I'm only going to be able to stay back at Uni on a Monday evening now as I'll be working Thursdays xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

How awful that they basically lied to you about the tickets being linked. I would definitely be complaining about that alone as it is not the level of customer service you would expect from a company like Virgin. I'm glad that it didn't affect you too much and you managed to get most of the FP you wanted. From looking at the FP availability on here it seems that all the tier 1 rides at HS are a problem for the first few days of the trip.

It's good news that your dissertation is coming on and the exam is out of the way and how exciting to have a start date for your job.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I sent the complaint in the other day, understandably I haven't had a reply yet.

I am going to apologise now if this seems harsh and it's not how I intend it but I'm not worrying about the C word dominating the news right now in relation to our holiday. The way I see it is I can't see flights and businesses being closed for 2 months so I'm 90% sure we will still be going on holiday. We are waiting till a few weeks before to reassess but I don't see it being cancelled, if it is we can get a refund and re-book for next year.

I'm almost finished our FP selections, today's our last day so I'll make those in an hour then update our plans and then I can get started on our prompt cards hope everyone's ok xx

Edited at 10:59 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve got everything crossed for you that you’ll be going in 2 months! It’s A lot of planning you’ve done so 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old 14 Mar 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I sent the complaint in the other day, understandably I haven't had a reply yet.

I am going to apologise now if this seems harsh and it's not how I intend it but I'm not worrying about the C word dominating the news right now in relation to our holiday. The way I see it is I can't see flights and businesses being closed for 2 months so I'm 90% sure we will still be going on holiday. We are waiting till a few weeks before to reassess but I don't see it being cancelled, if it is we can get a refund and re-book for next year.

I'm almost finished our FP selections, today's our last day so I'll make those in an hour then update our plans and then I can get started on our prompt cards hope everyone's ok xx

I think you are taking the right attitude towards the news right now. Its very worrying but as long as we all wash our hands and be sensible then hopefully we should be ok.

Its worrying about our holidays but we've just got to keep our fingers crossed that we are all able to go when we have our holidays booked. I think continuing to plan will help as a distraction. I look forward to seeing your fastpass choices.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that’s a very sensible way to look at it. The planning will help with distracting! I’m intrigued - what are “prompt cards”?
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List