Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jun 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Choice between two hotels

Where would you pick to stay Caribbean beach resort or port orleans riverside I have stayed at port orleans in 2012 hoping to go back and we are a family of 5 so these are the only choices in our budget thanks.
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think both have their good points. CBR has the Skyliner and POR has the boat to DS. Personally I’m not a fan of the Skyliner but apparently the transfer time to the parks is really short so that may be a draw for you. Beyond that it’s really what theming attracts you. Although I must say the air con in POR was ridiculously loud!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

I stayed at CBR last year, just before Skyliner opened. The room was fine although the aircon here was that noisy I sometimes turned it off for a break and sweltered instead!

I didn’t like the spread out resort, the facilities might as well not be there as it was either a bus ride or fifteen minute walk to get to them. Possibly POR is the same though. The Skyliner would be a further negative for me as I don’t like heights and it means fewer buses to those parks.

So I would pick POR of the two.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Are you going to eat at the resort at all? Have a look at which menu suits your family better. Dh loves POR because of the food.

Are you going to use the hotel pools? Again which one suits your family better? We like the quiet pools at POR.

We like the tranquility of POR, specifically Alligator Bayou. Strolling along the river and the little bridges and pools of water, the winding paths between the buildings and the general atmosphere.

The rooms, apart from theming are the same size. How old are your children and would they care about the theming? POR was refurbished and you can now fit cases under the bed which was excellent for us. The boat to Disney Springs is lovely. I don't know how I feel about the Skyliner. No air con and if it gets stuck I would panic.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The rooms are slightly bigger at CBR than the other mods, as it was the first built - they shrank in size after that very slightly (hardly noticeable).

I found the air con loud in CBR but also at PORiverside but not FQ so I do wonder if there is just a lucky / unlucky element to that.

The pools are lovely at both, I’d say younger kids would prefer CBR though.

I would love the Skyliner option especially as our favourite park is Epcot but the boat to Disney Springs from both Port Orleans is lovely

I wonder if they might withdraw or restrict the boat service to save operating costs though. That has happened in the past post 9/11 so I probably wouldn’t base my entire decision on that.
Old 12 Jun 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd probably choose CBR. And I love POR, I'm staying there this year. But after staying at AoA last year the Skyliner has completely swayed me. Unless you're planning on spending a lot of time at Disney Springs, in which case I'd go with POR for the boat.
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all you answers I have older kids teenagers this has given me more of an idea I do like the boat to Disney springs am nervous of the skyline but would go as o know kids like them 😬
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was in the same dilemma but I’m opting for CBR for the Skyliner.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I have the same dilema, I was booked at the beach club, but I don't think i can afford that now, and we need a room for 5. It will be my, my older sons age 21 and 20 and my younger 2 children who will be 12 and 10. It will be a bit of a squeeze. We stayed at CBR before but had 2 rooms last time. I just can't decide between going back to CBR or trying POR

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List