Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Dec 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Apologies, I’m about 24 hours behind right now!

Yesterday, after breakfast, we went into Islands and Studios until about 3pm. It was absolutely dead, almost everything was a walk on even without express. I’m not sure I’ve ever been in an Orlando park with such little crowds, it was amazing!

We then decided to stop for a light, late lunch at Cowfish after we’d enjoyed the tuna nachos and loaded fries so much earlier in the week. We had a table outside with a lovely view over citywalk.

We ordered the tuna nachos again plus the full sharing appetiser portion of loaded fries.

This was all really good again. The cheese sauce with the fries is really tasty and the nachos are amazing… one of my favourite appetisers ever I think! The tuna is so good on them and the crab dip is delicious 😍 I think they also do the crab dip on its own which I imagine would be good.

We just had water with this meal and so the total including tip was just over $30. Bargain!

On the evening, we went back to the outlets and I picked up some more items to somehow stuff into my suitcase before heading into CityWalk.

We chose to eat at BreadBox for our dinner and managed to just about hop in before they closed at 10pm.

I ordered the BBQ Brisket Melt which is shaved brisket, pork belly, BBQ sauce, fontina, cheddar, smoked mozzarella and crispy onions.

This was good and the flavours went together well. I just wish it had been on standard white bread as I wasn’t keen on the seeds on the crusts but I don’t remember seeing the bread types listed on the menu in the restaurant before we ordered.

W ordered the Steak & Cheese Melt which was grilled delmonico steak, sharp provolone, white cheddar, sweet peppers, onions and horseradish cream.

He enjoyed this, the steak was tender and well seasoned but it didn’t blow his mind.

We also both got tater tots as a side.

These were good! Bigger than usual tots and also quite a large portion just for an add on side at a quick service place. I’d have these again if we came back.

We then walked around CityWalk and landed on Fat Tuesday. I’m not sure if it’s always been there but as well as the little Fat Tuesday stall by the water, there’s also a Fat Tuesday main store at the back of CityWalk by Antojitos.

We ordered one Strawberry and one Eye Candy. Both are rum based.

The Strawberry is a really good standard frozen strawberry daiquiri. Eye Candy tastes like a normal blue slush with rum added, it’s really nice!

We then decided to mix them which was also good! We sat and drank them overlooking the water and watching the water taxis come and go which was lovely.

Another great day… can’t believe we are nearing the end!
Your food looks amazing definitely going to try these 2 places next time
The fries look out of this world 🤩🤩
I’m writing this while eating crackers & fruit 😩😩😩🤣🤣

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Apologies, I’m about 24 hours behind right now!

Yesterday, after breakfast, we went into Islands and Studios until about 3pm. It was absolutely dead, almost everything was a walk on even without express. I’m not sure I’ve ever been in an Orlando park with such little crowds, it was amazing!

We then decided to stop for a light, late lunch at Cowfish after we’d enjoyed the tuna nachos and loaded fries so much earlier in the week. We had a table outside with a lovely view over citywalk.

We ordered the tuna nachos again plus the full sharing appetiser portion of loaded fries.

This was all really good again. The cheese sauce with the fries is really tasty and the nachos are amazing… one of my favourite appetisers ever I think! The tuna is so good on them and the crab dip is delicious 😍 I think they also do the crab dip on its own which I imagine would be good.

We just had water with this meal and so the total including tip was just over $30. Bargain!

On the evening, we went back to the outlets and I picked up some more items to somehow stuff into my suitcase before heading into CityWalk.

We chose to eat at BreadBox for our dinner and managed to just about hop in before they closed at 10pm.

I ordered the BBQ Brisket Melt which is shaved brisket, pork belly, BBQ sauce, fontina, cheddar, smoked mozzarella and crispy onions.

This was good and the flavours went together well. I just wish it had been on standard white bread as I wasn’t keen on the seeds on the crusts but I don’t remember seeing the bread types listed on the menu in the restaurant before we ordered.

W ordered the Steak & Cheese Melt which was grilled delmonico steak, sharp provolone, white cheddar, sweet peppers, onions and horseradish cream.

He enjoyed this, the steak was tender and well seasoned but it didn’t blow his mind.

We also both got tater tots as a side.

These were good! Bigger than usual tots and also quite a large portion just for an add on side at a quick service place. I’d have these again if we came back.

We then walked around CityWalk and landed on Fat Tuesday. I’m not sure if it’s always been there but as well as the little Fat Tuesday stall by the water, there’s also a Fat Tuesday main store at the back of CityWalk by Antojitos.

We ordered one Strawberry and one Eye Candy. Both are rum based.

The Strawberry is a really good standard frozen strawberry daiquiri. Eye Candy tastes like a normal blue slush with rum added, it’s really nice!

We then decided to mix them which was also good! We sat and drank them overlooking the water and watching the water taxis come and go which was lovely.

Another great day… can’t believe we are nearing the end!
We discovered BreadBox on our last trip , really tasty and we loved that if we left the parks around lunch time/early aft it was a great filler to tide us over to our evening meal
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Your food looks amazing definitely going to try these 2 places next time
The fries look out of this world 🤩🤩
I’m writing this while eating crackers & fruit 😩😩😩🤣🤣
😂 I’m sad at the thought of going back to my own crackers and fruit on Monday 😭😭

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
We discovered BreadBox on our last trip , really tasty and we loved that if we left the parks around lunch time/early aft it was a great filler to tide us over to our evening meal
I think we were lucky we didn’t have to queue actually with going so late as it seems really popular in the afternoons!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

So last night we decided to go to Miller’s Ale House for dinner. This is somewhere new for us. There’s one not too far from Hard Rock/Portofino although we walked the complete wrong way and got lost which added quite a few minutes to the journey

A few pics of Portofino at Christmas:

I love the smell of the Portofino lobby.

Once we arrived at Miller’s, there was a 25 minute wait for a table but once seated our drinks order was taken quickly, although we were sat by some rather chilly air con which I wasn’t prepared for!

We were pleasantly surprised to see you could get a cocktail pitcher for under $12 - a stark contrast to our Miami cocktail bills 😂 We opted for the Tito’s Strawberry Lemonade (vodka based). The drinks were poured before I managed to get a photo of the full pitcher!

This was good, not too strong and easily kept us both watered throughout the meal!

To start, I had a voucher for free zingers which we got with garlic dip, and I also ordered a french onion soup.

The zingers were really good and I can see why they get rave reviews! W polished most of them off and loved them.

The french onion soup was also good. I’ve not had one before but kept seeing vloggers have it at different restaurants and so wanted to try it. I liked it and the cheese was really nice, W tried it and said it tasted good for a french onion soup too (he’s had one before).

For entrees, we both ordered steak cooked medium. I ordered a filet mignon with a loaded jacket potato and seasonal veg (which was broccoli) and W ordered a ribeye with a jacket potato and mac n cheese.

Unfortunately my steak was over cooked.

We raised it with the server who agreed and took the whole plate back but it must have taken 15/20 minutes to get a fresh meal. By this point, W had obviously finished, so it wasn’t ideal.

In terms of the actual food, the potatoes were both nice, as was the broccoli. I ended up eating a lot of W’s mac n cheese while I waited for my second meal - it was nice and he enjoyed what was left of it too 😂

W’s steak was cooked well and he enjoyed it. My second steak was also cooked well and tasted lovely but I was kind of past it by the time it came, which was a shame.

The total including tip was $91. It’s a difficult one because the food was nice but the overall experience wasn’t great. To be honest I don’t think we’d go out of our way to go back but if we were hungry and passing then I wouldn’t have issue with stopping. A shame really, as the zingers were good! Perhaps we should have just got zinger based items.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Oh that is a shame about the steak, we always enjoy a meal at Millers
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Those zingers have been on my must try for years 😀😀😀😀

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So last night we decided to go to Miller’s Ale House for dinner. This is somewhere new for us. There’s one not too far from Hard Rock/Portofino although we walked the complete wrong way and got lost which added quite a few minutes to the journey

A few pics of Portofino at Christmas:

I love the smell of the Portofino lobby.

Once we arrived at Miller’s, there was a 25 minute wait for a table but once seated our drinks order was taken quickly, although we were sat by some rather chilly air con which I wasn’t prepared for!

We were pleasantly surprised to see you could get a cocktail pitcher for under $12 - a stark contrast to our Miami cocktail bills 😂 We opted for the Tito’s Strawberry Lemonade (vodka based). The drinks were poured before I managed to get a photo of the full pitcher!

This was good, not too strong and easily kept us both watered throughout the meal!

To start, I had a voucher for free zingers which we got with garlic dip, and I also ordered a french onion soup.

The zingers were really good and I can see why they get rave reviews! W polished most of them off and loved them.

The french onion soup was also good. I’ve not had one before but kept seeing vloggers have it at different restaurants and so wanted to try it. I liked it and the cheese was really nice, W tried it and said it tasted good for a french onion soup too (he’s had one before).

For entrees, we both ordered steak cooked medium. I ordered a filet mignon with a loaded jacket potato and seasonal veg (which was broccoli) and W ordered a ribeye with a jacket potato and mac n cheese.

Unfortunately my steak was over cooked.

We raised it with the server who agreed and took the whole plate back but it must have taken 15/20 minutes to get a fresh meal. By this point, W had obviously finished, so it wasn’t ideal.

In terms of the actual food, the potatoes were both nice, as was the broccoli. I ended up eating a lot of W’s mac n cheese while I waited for my second meal - it was nice and he enjoyed what was left of it too 😂

W’s steak was cooked well and he enjoyed it. My second steak was also cooked well and tasted lovely but I was kind of past it by the time it came, which was a shame.

The total including tip was $91. It’s a difficult one because the food was nice but the overall experience wasn’t great. To be honest I don’t think we’d go out of our way to go back but if we were hungry and passing then I wouldn’t have issue with stopping. A shame really, as the zingers were good! Perhaps we should have just got zinger based items.
That pasta looked great , we love Millers , my favourite is the 35 shrimp 🍤 😋
Those 🌲 trees are so pretty 🤩
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a shame about your Millers experience, zingers are the best and that Mac n cheese looks pretty good too. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I love me the Zingers! Free too!

I have always thought the cocktails at Millers are a bit like the ones at Wetherspoons - squash / cheap juice with a big of alcohol but maybe I chose badly!
Old 4 Dec 21, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I love me the Zingers! Free too!

I have always thought the cocktails at Millers are a bit like the ones at Wetherspoons - squash / cheap juice with a big of alcohol but maybe I chose badly!
I agree with you, the pitcher definitely gave me Wetherspoons vibes! I was just pleased by the cost after some of our other cocktail bills