Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

Its day 11 in England as well, the NHS PCR test is counted as day 0. I'm not sure if that has changed since the reduction to 5 days isolation though, I hope not to be honest.
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

I don’t think it has changed, need to have 2 negative tests 24 hours apart to come out of isolation early & I’m sure that applies to day 5 too.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Thank you all:-). So day 11 is my flight day ! How would that work for obtaining a proof off Covid recovery if I was still testing positive? Xx
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I know this is everyone's worry with booking a holiday and it will definitely be mine when its our turn in May.

I really hope everything turns out ok
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
I know this is everyone's worry with booking a holiday and it will definitely be mine when its our turn in May.

I really hope everything turns out ok
Currently, occupying a lot of my thoughts. Wondering whether our 6 night trip will be worth the anxiety it’s causing.

Still crossing my fingers for you OP. Please keep us updated. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
Thank you all:-). So day 11 is my flight day ! How would that work for obtaining a proof off Covid recovery if I was still testing positive? Xx
The proof of recovery can be organised over the phone if your GP will do it or online if a private provider so you shouldn’t need to leave the house for it. You might need someone to pick it up from surgery I guess. The best thing to do is to call your GP’s on Monday and ask for the practise manager, explain the situation & see what they say. It seems to be hit or miss and they’ll charge you for it but it’s cheaper than doing it privately. The private route is the other option if GP says no.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemam
Serious Dibber

minniemam's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear this. We were in Florida & tested positive for covid on the 3rd Jan, it took 14 days before I had a negative test, really quite poorly. My husband had a feint positive result on the 6th Jan, it took 10 days for a negative test (we were due to go home on the 6th Jan). Everyone is different. Crossing everything for you, hope your trip can go ahead x
Old 22 Jan 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Just for info when you do your tests on day 5 and 6 onwards do not log them online if positive. This is because if you do your covid pass will be another 10 days away. My daughter found this out recently. Even though it was 2 weeks after she got covid, she could not get a covid pass for her uni graduation ceremony as she had been logging her tests daily until day 10. The clock was reset each time! They said it is a glitch they cannot fix although they know about it and are not telling people! She was able to take a lateral flow to get in and show her positive results from 2 weeks before but I imagine it could cause issues for anyone wanting to travel after they are allowed to if they cannot get the covid pass.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
Just for info when you do your tests on day 5 and 6 onwards do not log them online if positive. This is because if you do your covid pass will be another 10 days away. My daughter found this out recently. Even though it was 2 weeks after she got covid, she could not get a covid pass for her uni graduation ceremony as she had been logging her tests daily until day 10. The clock was reset each time! They said it is a glitch they cannot fix although they know about it and are not telling people! She was able to take a lateral flow to get in and show her positive results from 2 weeks before but I imagine it could cause issues for anyone wanting to travel after they are allowed to if they cannot get the covid pass.
What a nitemare. Thanks for letting us all know xd