Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 22, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gem67
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Our DS did and our DD still does pay 15% of take home as housekeeping.

She (mostly) does her own laundry and takes a turn at cooking family meals routinely.

She has been doing and paying for a master's while working full time so there have been times where we have had to be the bank of mum and dad, but she agrees it is good to contribute and the housekeeping arrives even if later in the month she needed a small top up.

LBVR&S Apr23/POFQ Apr22/Apr18/
OKW Apr16/RPR&OKW Aug14/OKW Oct12/AKL Aug 10/RPR&CBR Oct 09/AKL Jul 08/AKL Jul 06/
Residence Inn SW Mar 05/Nikki Bird Apr 03
Gem67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

As she works during the day the same amount of heating and electric will be used anyway. Depends on how much washing she does a week maybe £40 a week for shopping.
I paid £30 a week and half towards Sky tv/broadband and that was 14 years ago but back then I was on £8.25 ph.
I use to joke I’m paying to much rent as some friends paid less or nothing at all and my parents answer was your rent doesn’t even cover the weekly shop.
Now with our monthly bills been around £1500 I do wonder what I be charging my DD in 8 years time or my DS in 13 years time 😂
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
As she works during the day the same amount of heating and electric will be used anyway. Depends on how much washing she does a week maybe £40 a week for shopping.
I paid £30 a week and half towards Sky tv/broadband and that was 14 years ago but back then I was on £8.25 ph.
I use to joke I’m paying to much rent as some friends paid less or nothing at all and my parents answer was your rent doesn’t even cover the weekly shop.
Now with our monthly bills been around £1500 I do wonder what I be charging my DD in 8 years time or my DS in 13 years time 😂
I feed my husband, myself and the dog for under £40 a week.

I’d try to work out what it will cost you, £50 a month council tax, some food, bit of utilities.
Old 23 Jan 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I never charged my two sons but they bought their own treat foods and any soda they wanted. They both have their own properties now and budget well. They didnt need to be “taught” by paying me anything.
Totally agree, not all young adults need to be taught. We never took a penny off our son or daughter. Both have been really good at saving off their own backs. Our 25 yo son bought his first house at 22yo and our 23 yo daughter who is currently renting is just thinking about purchasing her own home too.

OP, if you need to charge, I would take the extra it will cost you in her being there and allow her to save for her own place.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List