Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Manchester T3 is one of the worst terminals I have had to misfortune to fly from and pre-covid, the queues there were dreadful.

Can't believe that T2 would have been any better so if the cost is not too high then it might be worthwhile if you get stressed hanging around in queues that don't seem to have been moving.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We’ve flown from MCR tonnes of times and found that if your flight means you are there before 4 am, the queues are horrendous so it’s well worth buying fast track. More staff start at 4am but before that it’s skeleton staff = huge queues!

However, we flew in October kids hols last year and bought fast track but it was quiet as a mouse & didn’t need them (suspect there were a fair few less passengers than usual though).
Old 23 Jan 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

We have fast passes for July and we are travelling with a 10 year old...just same price as the adult price. I think they say it's not suitable for people with younger kids as you can't take prams etc through.
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

We booked it as it was on offer. I find flying stressful enough as I'm not a good flyer so I just want to get through and get to our lounge and chill for a bit. If it's busy I'll be panicking.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 22, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jillyb
Imagineer

jillyb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We are thinking of booking fast track security and have two children in our party aged 8 & 13 .
When trying to book I can only see adult price and no price from children .
On the website it only said fast track security is not suitable for passengers with children that have prams and other baby things .
As went won’t have anything like that so how do I pay for the children in our party .
Also our flying out time is 9.40 am so what time would you recommend us booking to go through fast tack .

Edited at 07:33 AM.
jillyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 22, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
We have fast passes for July and we are travelling with a 10 year old...just same price as the adult price. I think they say it's not suitable for people with younger kids as you can't take prams etc through.
So do you just add 3 adults? My son will be 11, I presumed kids were free 🤣
How do I know which terminal?

Edited at 07:56 AM.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 22, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I contacted Manchester Airport on live chat. Everyone has to be paid for, so 7 if us including 3 children and we had to pay for everyone. Just selected 7 adults.

It's a shame they can't make it a bit clearer.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

If you sign up to receive offers from Manchester airport some of them are for % off fast track.

We paid £11 for our half term trip using a discount code in one of the offers however with the length of those queues £5 each is worth it.

Btw you couldn’t book on the day, we checked as couldn’t understand why people wouldn’t just book fast track than stand in that queue. There were no more spaces that day.

Some say it’s a waste of money, if travelling during school hols I always book it.
Old 9 Mar 22, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jillyb
Imagineer

jillyb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have the escape lounge booked for 6.30am.
Not sure what time to book to go through the fast track security.
Would 5.30am give enough time to get through security.
Old 9 Mar 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I contacted Manchester Airport on live chat. Everyone has to be paid for, so 7 if us including 3 children and we had to pay for everyone. Just selected 7 adults.

It's a shame they can't make it a bit clearer.
Glad I saw this, I thought kids were free 😂

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List