Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

First-timers, First day - what would you do?

Hello Dibbers,
First time, family of 11 going Easter 2019. So far, through the help of this website, I've booked our flights, booked our villa at West Haven, booked one night HRH, booked one night campsite and bought our 14 day combo tickets (they arrived yesterday!)

We arrive Sunday 14th April at 2:20pm and are planning on heading to the villa and getting groceries etc.

For our first full day, we are guests at the campsite so can take advantage of EMH and it's Animal Kingdom. BUT it also says that it's the busiest day at AK on the busy day guide.

Would you go to AK? Or would you avoid it and listen to the busy day guide?

Also, what ADR would you book at AK? I understand we will all be awake and up and out for 7am, so maybe breakfast? None of us have been before, so we just don't have a clue!

Thank you for reading!
MrsG1973
MrsG1973 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Any park that has the EMH always is always the busiest on the busy day calendar. If it was me and I was planning to get there for EMH I would go to AK for the morning and Do MK in the afternoon... You have to see MK and the Castle on your first day
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Also book FOP ...if you can get it
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
robertgreen99
Getting Excited

The park that has EMH is normally the busiest park so its recommended to park hop when offsite guests start to arrive. The part will get busy late morning early afternoon.

we always do Magic Kingdom first day. Walk up main street looking at the castle is a good way at starting your holiday and get you in the mood. You will most probably be up early on the first morning so get there for rope drop and then leave the park when you start to get tired.
robertgreen99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

For our first time, we went for Rope Drop at MK. The castle makes Disney for us.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For a first time I would ignore EMH, you’ll get one or two rides done at best anyway. I would book a pre park opening breakfast at Be Our Guest and do MK. You’ll be in the park before opening and will get on most of the Fantasyland rides with no or minimal wait. You’ll be exhausted by mid-afternoon but it won’t matter as you’ll have done loads anyway.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I can never get any sleep the first night so my first full day is always a quiet one. On my trip last month I spent it at Typhoon Lagoon followed by the early showing of the luau at the Polynesian. I then nipped over to Disney Springs and got my free $200 gift card from World of Disney. Then a swim in the pool at POFQ (where I stayed), then bed.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Thank you all, I like the sound of the pre park opening breakfast and seeing the castle at MK first day now. Also thinking now about ignoring the EMH.

3disneykids - FOP will be first on my FP list! Can't wait.

MrsG1973
MrsG1973 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

We never do a park on our first day. Lazy morning, breakfast and pool. Afternoon go to get our food shopping etc. Lazy rest of the day great after travelling.
Next day, breakfast up and out to whichever park is on our itinerary or change as it suits us.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
McP-family
Proud to wear my Ears

Not sure what ages your party are but if I was booking an ADR in Animal Kingdom for my first day I'd be going for Tuskers. Buffet style (so should have something for everyone) and character interaction for the young (and not so young) ones.

If a group of adults then probably Yak and Yeti though I'm not sure if they do breakfast.

I agree with others though, if it's your first ever trip then it has to be Magic Kingdom. And you have a lot more dining options then. Be Our Guest is an amazing location but I've read that breakfast isn't the best value for money.