Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Just back - reflections

Just got back today so thought I would reflect on my trip.

* Stayed at Radisson the night before in Manchester, rooms were lovely as ever. Lots of signs warning about paying for parking but they do still allow a 10 min window for drop off by friends / taxi etc.

* After a poor meal dinner at the Radisson last time we decided to take an Uber to the romper pub. We booked ahead as it was saturday night.

We really enjoyed it. The food was good and there was a lovely atmosphere and even with an Uber there and back it was cheaper!

Just a heads up that one Uber did try and charge £4 for airport parking but I queried it with Uber and they refunded it.

*We had checked in online but I wanted to see if I could move seats so went with luggage for when it opened. Wasn't able to for some reason even though I knew there were unsold seats. After checking we went back and had breakfast in the Radisson, we prefer to do this to a business Lounge now. Breakfast was excellent, they sign advertise it well but you can order eggs anyway you want and they also do a full range of coffee but only mention regular filter when they come round. We then went and got our hand luggage and chilled out before heading for our flight.

* We were PE and boarding was a nightmare, flight was running 30 mins late so everyone was crowding the gate - also with economy deluxe boarding at the same time it really was all fun and games and not the relaxing wander onto the plane.

After nearly everyone had boarded I asked cabin crew if I could move seats as the back row window and aislr seatdownstairs in PE were free one side. He said yes,which then saw a number of people move as I had a bulkhead. 10 mins later two people arrived for those two seats and we were all about to move back when it was explained that it was a mum and her daughter, daughter was crew using a comp upgrade so with no fuss at all she moved and I sat next to her mum. I was worried she might not be happy but she was lovely and said her daughter had recently come off another flight so just to wanted to sleep.

* The plane was Tinkerbell and she was looking very tired! The plane really wasnt good enough for the amount you pay.

* Also WiFi is now £20!

* We are lucky to have my brother's place which is up the 535 on way to Windermere. It's an area I never knew about (you can't buy these homes as holiday rentals ) but it's so so close to disney and also ideal for restaurants aimed more at locals.

* First time going in 15 years I haven't had Disney tickets except DAH. To be honest I was glad as I needed a break after 3 visits in the last year and to appreciate the parks again. Also the crowds were utterly crazy from talking to ppl and the app.

* We did do universal / Ioa including Mardi gras parade. Never done that before but it was a lot of fun.

* Usual shopping trips mostly to get items not found at home as prices really aren't cheaper. Although did stumple across a table of 75 percent off in Yankee candle so bought most of the table 😂😂

* Went to MK DAH. Park was crazy when we arrived at 7 and we decided to not watch the fireworks from in front of the castle but instead from behind. This was great, don't get me wrong if you haven't seen the show in front of the castle you must but I loved just focusing on the fireworks and music and it was a very fun relaxed atmosphere where you could wander about.

*DAH was sold out and I was worried but it was great, I skipped the big rides and just enjoyed walking on the other rides with no line such as buzz, pirates, jungle cruise, mansion and even Peter Pan near the end of the night. If your Disney time is limited this is an amazing option.

* Flight home was a lot better, newly refurbished Ladybird was looking lovely and PE was basically empty downstairs so I had the 4 at the front to myself why no one in the row behind. Skipped dinner and slept til breakfast!

That's all I can think of now but will add to the post as I remember other bits !
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had jersey girl and that was worse than Tinkerbell, choice if films more limited
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
We had jersey girl and that was worse than Tinkerbell, choice if films more limited
That’s interesting, I would have thought they would have the same IFE. Does anyone know why they don’t?
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List