Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

storybook dining worth it for fussy eaters?

anyone done the storybook dining character meal?
Its it worth the travel time and what's the food like if you have fussy eaters

It has characters we'd like to meet but looking at the menu it looks like a sit down meal rather then the buffets they usually do and there isn't a lot on the menu my lot will eat so not sure its worth going out of our way for.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Having looked at the menu & photos of the food to be honest if we weren’t on the DDP & DD didn’t have her heart set on it I don’t we think we’d be doing it but she’s determined to do it to meet the characters, & in fairness her & DS are fab eaters & love trying new food it’s actually me that’s the fussy one lol.

I’d book it so you have the option, it’ll be easier to choose not to go & cancel then it will be to get a last min ADR 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I would stick to one of the many buffets with fussy eaters.
Old 1 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re purely doing it for the characters. They do chicken tenders and fries luckily so the kids will be having that
Old 1 May 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

It's one I'm really unsure about too, I don't think I really like the menu, but want to go for the experience. We're 4 adults, 2 adult children with us (fussy eaters)and we've also got 1900 Park Fayre dinner, which I think they'll enjoy more.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Characters or not, I wouldn't pay $55 to eat in restaurant if I didn't like the menu
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We’re eating there in two weeks. Not too fussed about the menu overall but we will find something to eat. The main draw for us is the characters for DS. Luckily we have the DDP for that meal.
Old 1 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We had this booked but really didn’t like the look of the menu so we cancelled.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am really looking forward to this and hope that they can accommodate my daughters fondness of plain food 🙂 they have been fantastic in most of the restaurants we have been to. Fingers crossed or it’s going to take more than meeting Grumpy to rescue it 😂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Food was lovely... 2nd best evening meal we had whilst out there!
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List