Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Dec 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cookies and cocktails- you just can’t ask for more than that! Another lovely day. 😁
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

All looks absolutely fantastic but the little duck floating in your cocktail has made my night-no idea why!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you again everyone for such lovely comments 💜

This morning we finished off our Gideon’s order in our room with the Triple Chocolate cookie. Another fab, huge cookie - so rich though, and so having the buttercream to dip this one into was perfect! I then may or may not have finished off the buttercream by itself

We then had a late breakfast reservation at The Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel where we’re staying.

You can either get a la carte or a buffet breakfast here, however in most circumstances it’ll be more cost effective to get the buffet as it’s $26 per person including unlimited juice and everything on the a la carte you can basically get at the buffet anyway. For example, the eggs benedict is $20 a la carte plus juice which is $4 would be $24. So for an extra $2 you can also get some buffet items!

We both fancied the eggs benedict and so ordered this at the cooking station where you can also get omelettes, waffles, pancakes etc. and then took our plates over to the other items to give them a try. There was corned beef hash, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, sausage, grits etc. There was also pastries, fruit, yoghurt and the usual continental options.

A few pics of our food plates and orange juices:

This was really good! The eggs benedict was lovely as were all of the other bits we had. The melon was super fresh and I could’ve easily had more of that if we’d had it before the main dishes.

Our server was great and also gave us orange juices to go, so they’re in the fridge for tomorrow morning!

A good breakfast and very convenient in the hotel.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Loving your report, especially now you are at HRH!

Hopefully we will be there at the start of Jan so looking forward to more of your food choices. We are also planning a Disney Springs/resort hopping day so it was fab to see yours - those cookies 😍😍 and the donuts!
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

what a fabulous day at Disney Springs- I would have had your lunch at the Boathouse too! Love Trader Sams too- hopefully you get to pop into Enchanted Rose another time, I am desperate to try the table side made cocktails. Do you mind me asking how much your hotel in Miami was? I am having a look to see if it's a better option for us next year than West Coast but it seems pricey Thanksgiving week (unless I am looking too early)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
what a fabulous day at Disney Springs- I would have had your lunch at the Boathouse too! Love Trader Sams too- hopefully you get to pop into Enchanted Rose another time, I am desperate to try the table side made cocktails. Do you mind me asking how much your hotel in Miami was? I am having a look to see if it's a better option for us next year than West Coast but it seems pricey Thanksgiving week (unless I am looking too early)
You might be looking slightly too early. We actually booked the whole trip as a BA custom trip and it was not badly priced for the standard of hotel we have stayed in. I don’t know the price for the Cadillac specifically because of it being part of the custom trip package but it was definitely a MUCH better/cheaper option to book through BA than separately through anyone else so I’d suggest waiting a month or two and seeing what prices BA offer (I just checked for you and they don’t go quite as far as thanksgiving yet). You can always do hotel only if you already have the rest of the package/flights booked elsewhere. We also have a trip booked at the same time next year and might add the coast back on again… see you there
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
You might be looking slightly too early. We actually booked the whole trip as a BA custom trip and it was not badly priced for the standard of hotel we have stayed in. I don’t know the price for the Cadillac specifically because of it being part of the custom trip package but it was definitely a MUCH better/cheaper option to book through BA than separately through anyone else so I’d suggest waiting a month or two and seeing what prices BA offer (I just checked for you and they don’t go quite as far as thanksgiving yet). You can always do hotel only if you already have the rest of the package/flights booked elsewhere. We also have a trip booked at the same time next year and might add the coast back on again… see you there
Thank you for the info ive had a look at BA for other dates and it seems reasonable for a package for Orlando Miami and Nashville, i have £300 tied up with Travel Counsellors from this year so i am hoping they can book through BA. My return date is out early Jan so i might catch a good package deal in the Xmas sales. Only thing i have booked so far is the Orlando hotel.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Apologies, I’m about 24 hours behind right now!

Yesterday, after breakfast, we went into Islands and Studios until about 3pm. It was absolutely dead, almost everything was a walk on even without express. I’m not sure I’ve ever been in an Orlando park with such little crowds, it was amazing!

We then decided to stop for a light, late lunch at Cowfish after we’d enjoyed the tuna nachos and loaded fries so much earlier in the week. We had a table outside with a lovely view over citywalk.

We ordered the tuna nachos again plus the full sharing appetiser portion of loaded fries.

This was all really good again. The cheese sauce with the fries is really tasty and the nachos are amazing… one of my favourite appetisers ever I think! The tuna is so good on them and the crab dip is delicious 😍 I think they also do the crab dip on its own which I imagine would be good.

We just had water with this meal and so the total including tip was just over $30. Bargain!

On the evening, we went back to the outlets and I picked up some more items to somehow stuff into my suitcase before heading into CityWalk.

We chose to eat at BreadBox for our dinner and managed to just about hop in before they closed at 10pm.

I ordered the BBQ Brisket Melt which is shaved brisket, pork belly, BBQ sauce, fontina, cheddar, smoked mozzarella and crispy onions.

This was good and the flavours went together well. I just wish it had been on standard white bread as I wasn’t keen on the seeds on the crusts but I don’t remember seeing the bread types listed on the menu in the restaurant before we ordered.

W ordered the Steak & Cheese Melt which was grilled delmonico steak, sharp provolone, white cheddar, sweet peppers, onions and horseradish cream.

He enjoyed this, the steak was tender and well seasoned but it didn’t blow his mind.

We also both got tater tots as a side.

These were good! Bigger than usual tots and also quite a large portion just for an add on side at a quick service place. I’d have these again if we came back.

We then walked around CityWalk and landed on Fat Tuesday. I’m not sure if it’s always been there but as well as the little Fat Tuesday stall by the water, there’s also a Fat Tuesday main store at the back of CityWalk by Antojitos.

We ordered one Strawberry and one Eye Candy. Both are rum based.

The Strawberry is a really good standard frozen strawberry daiquiri. Eye Candy tastes like a normal blue slush with rum added, it’s really nice!

We then decided to mix them which was also good! We sat and drank them overlooking the water and watching the water taxis come and go which was lovely.

Another great day… can’t believe we are nearing the end!
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your trips to cow fish have been fantastic and breadbox is one of our favourite quick bites at Citywalk. I need to add tots to the list, they look fab. 😁 nice to see you are keeping up with your cocktails 😉

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

This morning we went into Islands during early entry and did Velocicoaster twice in a row, including front row, which was so good! This ride is amazing.

We then used the express passes to get through loads of other rides (although the queues weren’t bad anyway) and then headed over to Studios where we did Rip Rocket and other rides. I won Men in Black for the second time this trip

We decided to head to Central Park Crepes again as I wanted to try the seasonal red velvet and passionfruit crepe. You can imagine my face when we turned up and it was gone from the menu 😭 They’d switched it out for a new cookie butter and cinnamon crepe on 1st December for the holiday season. Gutted!

We still wanted crepes though and so ordered the Smoked Brisket again as it was so good earlier in the week, and a Strawberry Hazelnut which is Nutella mascarpone, strawberries and cream. The total was just over $22.

The Smoked Brisket was good again although they’d used less bbq ranch sauce than last time so it wasn’t quite as great as the first time!

The Strawberry Hazelnut was really good. The Nutella mascarpone was super creamy and every time you got a bite with a strawberry it was perfect. I’d have this again.

We had actually planned to go to Volcano Bay this afternoon but we were enjoying the parks and decided to stay and do more there instead, and then just go to the pool for a break. After a few hours, we therefore decided to get a quick bite to eat at the Hot Dog Hall of Fame before going to the pool.

We both decided to go for the Kansas City dog which was topped with pulled pork, bbq sauce, pickles and coleslaw. I got standard fries while W upgraded to the chilli cheese fries. The total was just under $28.

The hotdogs were really loaded and while I initially thought it looked like there was too much coleslaw, it was actually really good and I ended up wishing there was even more! The hotdog meat was also good. I removed the pickles as I don’t like them but W said they were good too.

W’s chilli cheese fries were also good and I may have used the sauce to dip a few of my own fries in

After relaxing by the pool for a while we went back into Studios to watch the Christmas Parade which was really nice. The floats are huge and we got a great spot by the Tribute Store to watch Santa light up the tree at the end.

We then went back over to Islands and did late night rides on Velocicoaster and Hagrids. They are just so good!

We then decided to walk offsite to Miller’s Ale House. I’ll update with that tomorrow.

Edited at 06:03 AM.