Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Nov 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Have a fab time and a safe journey. Will be following along.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Have a brilliant time! Very few feelings compare to the night before the big holiday feeling!
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Can't wait to read this... have a fantastic trip 😀
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Have a fabulous time, so excited for you, looking forward to hearing all about your trip
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Have a fab time and a safe journey. Will be following along.
Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
Have a brilliant time! Very few feelings compare to the night before the big holiday feeling!
Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Can't wait to read this... have a fantastic trip 😀
Thanks all

We are on the way to Heathrow… do you think anyone can tell where I’m going?

orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thanks all

We are on the way to Heathrow… do you think anyone can tell where I’m going?

Love the top 😍
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Well, you will not believe the nightmare we have just had.

We left home and stopped off at Tesco and grabbed a couple of meal deals. Duck wrap for me and cheese & onion sandwich for W (my fiancé). We also both had some Squares crisps. I won’t upload photos of the Tesco sandwiches because who really needs to see those, however I will show you the ghostbusters Squares… they must have known we’re off to universal!

Anyway, so we pull up to the Novotel M4 that we booked using a voucher from Buy a Gift. We paid for parking and then as we went to enter the hotel, the security guard cheerily told us that we were in an immigration hotel for those coming to the UK… we thought he was joking! We carried on walking in and he went to get someone from the front desk who confirmed this was true. We literally couldn’t believe it and only when we noticed the signs on the walls did it seem a bit more real. It honestly crossed my mind that we were being stitched up for a TV show! The receptionist was lovely but said there was nothing she could do. She couldn’t even refund the parking because it’s offered by an external company!

So off we plodded back to the car which we’d paid £12 to park for 20 minutes! 😡

I have written a very strongly worded email to Buy a Gift and have emailed the parking company to ask for a refund but I’m not hopeful of that as it’s not really their problem. I could claim it on travel insurance I guess although I’m not sure if it would affect next year’s premium and for £12 maybe I should write it off.

I did a quick search and found the Ibis Styles on Bath Road which had a room for £50 + £12 parking (again). It’s two single beds but it’ll do:

Some very funny artwork around the place:

And not to forget the Refreshment Trolley:

We’re going to the bar for a stiff drink now…
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

That’s awful, glad you got another hotel, just focus that tomorrow you will be in Florida!
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ok, it is totally rubbish but it is just a hotel room, somewhere to sleep before your amazing trip. I hope you have a good dinner (and a stiff drink) and have a great sleep before flying tomorrow. In a few months this will be a totally funny story to tell. You are going to Orlando which is super awesome. Take care xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Oh no, not a good start. But put it behind you, you're flying to Florida tomorrow. Love the picture of the baby orangutan hanging on the plane window. Someone with a sense of humour decorated that hotel.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Oh no what a stress, I’d be livid, that’s the start of your talking points for the trip already though😂
Enjoy your drinks.