Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Nov 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
VS 75 - scheduled to be operated by an A330-300 aircraft

UC - 3 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 11 seats unoccupied with 2 blocked
EC - Wide Open

At this stage VS selling most fare buckets in PE/EC but limited in UC.

VS 76 - scheduled to be operated by an A330-300 aircraft

UC - 4 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 12 seats unoccupied with 7 blocked
EC - 50 seats unoccupied (mainly in middle area of cabin) with 42 blocked

At this stage VS selling most fare buckets in PE/EC but limited in UC.

With regard to the single flight question I would assume that Virgin have decided to only bring back one flight due to a number of reasons, aircraft rotations, staffing, commercial considerations etc. When I was updating the VS cancellation thread Virgin the company always made it clear that they intended to operate a restricted schedule as travel was ramping up. Sorry I can't be more definite in my answer but at the moment I don't have time to look into it in any more detail.

Hope you enjoy your trip.
Thank you so much for the insight. I’m still saying my hopeful holiday until I hopefully land in MCO still fit to fly and whatever is happening in the news that might stop me
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I'm flying PE and keep checking to see if any UC miles seats are available with Virgin. Currently there are 22 UC seats on my flight 11/12 but there no miles seats available. Is there a reason for this? I can't see them selling those seats in this short amount of time. Do you think I'll be able to upgrade at the airport?
Without looking at your flight loads/journey I can't comment but if you want to pop the flight details in I will certainly have a look.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Without looking at your flight loads/journey I can't comment but if you want to pop the flight details in I will certainly have a look.
Thanks so much!

LHR-MCO. Dec 11th VS91
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Princessb13 View Post
Yes sorryflying from Heathrow to orlando International on the 19th May 2022 at 12.05
Flight vs135
And coming home on the 2nd June 2022 from Orlando International to Heathrow at 19:20
Flight vs 136
Thank you for the flight details update - here we go

VS 135 - scheduled to be operated by an A350-1000 aircraft with the leisure configuration (only has 16 UC seats)

UC - 7 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 18 seats unoccupied (all in middle section) with 8 blocked
EC - Wide Open

VS only selling 5 UC fares at highest levels but all other fare levels in PE/EC.

VS 136 -scheduled to be operated by an A350-1000 aircraft with the leisure configuration.

UC - 8 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - Wide Open
EC - Wide Open

At this stage VS selling highest 3 sets of UC fares andall fares in PE and EC. Hope that helps
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
[QUOTE=act1980;15228788]Thanks so much!

LHR-MCO. Dec 11th VS91[/QUOTE

Your original post asked "I'm flying PE and keep checking to see if any UC miles seats are available with Virgin. Currently there are 22 UC seats on my flight 11/12 but there no miles seats available. Is there a reason for this? I can't see them selling those seats in this short amount of time. Do you think I'll be able to upgrade at the airport?"

In UC on your flight there are at this moment 21 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked. The decision to release seats for redemptions is purely down to the black arts of the Revenue Management Dept and they are never guaranteed. So whether Rev Man choose to release any is entirely up to them and impossible to second guess. So it is a case of keeping an eye on the flight and perhaps set up an alert using something like seatspy. You may be able to upgrade at the airport if the cabin doesn't fill up any further but the other alternative is to try to use the VS system of "Bid for an Upgrade". There are threads on the Dibb TP section if you do a search to have a look at for ideas.

Hope it works out for you and please let us know how you get on.
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Hiya

Can you please check -
6th dec LHR MCO BA0205
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=stanleycamel;15228920]
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks so much!

LHR-MCO. Dec 11th VS91[/QUOTE

Your original post asked "I'm flying PE and keep checking to see if any UC miles seats are available with Virgin. Currently there are 22 UC seats on my flight 11/12 but there no miles seats available. Is there a reason for this? I can't see them selling those seats in this short amount of time. Do you think I'll be able to upgrade at the airport?"

In UC on your flight there are at this moment 21 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked. The decision to release seats for redemptions is purely down to the black arts of the Revenue Management Dept and they are never guaranteed. So whether Rev Man choose to release any is entirely up to them and impossible to second guess. So it is a case of keeping an eye on the flight and perhaps set up an alert using something like seatspy. You may be able to upgrade at the airport if the cabin doesn't fill up any further but the other alternative is to try to use the VS system of "Bid for an Upgrade". There are threads on the Dibb TP section if you do a search to have a look at for ideas.

Hope it works out for you and please let us know how you get on.
Thanks for your help! Weirdly it doesn't give me the option to bid on my booking and I'm not sure why 🤷🏼
Old 29 Nov 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
imgointodisney
Helping Mickey

Hello,

Could you please check my flights please ?

6th December 21
VS11
LHR-BOS

11th December 21
VS12
BOS-LHR

Hoping to get a upgrade on the way out but don’t want to get my hopes up!

Thank you
Sheraton Vistana Resort 2002, Legacy Park Villas 2008, Aylesbury Park Villas 2008, Park Central Hotel NY 2009, Highlands Reserve Villas 2012, Vacation Village at Parkway 2013, Edison Hotel NY 2014, Southern Dunes Villas 2015, Wyndham Canterbury SF 2016, Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago 2016, New Yorker Hotel 2016, Hilton Dupont Circle DC 2016, Westridge Villas 2016, Shelburne NYC 2017, The Hamlet Villas 2017.
imgointodisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Please could you check mine ☺️

11th Dec
Aer Lingus EI0035
Man to Mco 11.00

30th Dec
Aer Lingus EI0034
Mco to Man 17.50

Thank you!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Hiya

Can you please check -
6th dec LHR MCO BA0205

No problem- so here goes

BA 205 - scheduled to be operated by a 777 (Club World) aircraft

Club - 12 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
WTP - 16 seats unoccupied with 4 blocked
WT - Wide Open

At this stage BA selling all fare classes.

I'm going to be away from the DIBB for a few days so probably won't be able to reply to requests but I believe you are a Travel Counsellor so you should have access to your GDS (Galileo) to check your flights. Hope you have a great holiday - after the year travel has had you need it and what a better way to do it.
Closed Thread