Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Dec 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I did one of those virtual challenges.. after chemotherapy to get me going.
I've just completed the Camino Santiago. 480 miles (772 km) along the pilgrim's way

Medal on its way

Tinkerbell could you please give the link to this. I think it looks interesting and something that could suit me.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

fakeaway for the day - sushi. I forget how easy and how much cheaper is to make sushi at home. I made salmon for myelf, tuna for the guys but felt I should try both

I will try to come up with some sort of plan before the new year. I love cooking, so I am going to try to go over some of my healthy cooking books and come up for few easy weekly menus that I can use & 1 or 2 new recipes.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If we are all on Facebook could we start a group on there for chat and updates etc?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Does anyone have recommendations for family friendly healthish cookbooks? I used to love buying the WW magazine but they stopped that now. BBC good food had healthy edition and that also stopped. I have the Hairy Bikers range and few Doctor's Kitchen

WW stopped the magazine and let go all of their Irish staff this week, just before Christmas!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I think this is a great idea
Not on Facebook though
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I hope we can keep chatting here. I am trying to get in holiday mode and plan to have a look around how others manage holidays & planning in current climate. And I hope they can leave this one discussion here, as they left the charity challenge this year as things get lost and in the social groups and it will be nice to have all posts in one discussion anyway
Old 19 Dec 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for family friendly healthish cookbooks? I used to love buying the WW magazine but they stopped that now. BBC good food had healthy edition and that also stopped. I have the Hairy Bikers range and few Doctor's Kitchen

WW stopped the magazine and let go all of their Irish staff this week, just before Christmas!
Pinch of nom cookbooks and website are brilliant. I’d like to join in as well but I don’t do Facebook so would miss out if that happened.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
Pinch of nom cookbooks and website are brilliant. I’d like to join in as well but I don’t do Facebook so would miss out if that happened.
I love the pinch of nom too, my son has coeliac and I can adapt almost all of the recipes to be gluten free and they are full of family friendly recipes.
Im planning to come off social media in the new year so Facebook wouldn’t be great for me either to be honest.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Facebook was just a suggestion as its easier to chat on there without having to refresh all the time.

I agree with the Pinch of Nom books, they are brilliant and very family friendly

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Pinch of nom books are great and all the recipes I've tried have been great Also got Joe Wicks books