Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 22, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney no hurry to go back

Conversation only l

While speaking to partner we spoke about Disneyworld Florida we been very lucky and been there 10 times both on and off site. We spoke about the changes though the years about how the parks have changed ect. We feel that maybe in a few years we might have one last trip there but not really in a hurry. Here the reasons why

guardians of the galaxy ride epcot Not really Disney I know Disney shows films ect on Disney+ form marvel but not for us Disney is well Disney if you know what I mean

There other things to l9ng to go in to here

If you askeding will we go back to Florida with out theme parks then yes there so much to explore. I I said just my option. If you off to Orlando and the theme parks ect in the next year or so have a brilliant time and I sure you make many memories to last a life time b
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We are going to do Disney again this year after lots of debating. We haven’t been to Disney since 2017 but have visited Orlando.

We were debating due to the increased costs and lack of incentives now but this will probably be our last proper family holiday as DS is 14 this year. Due to the increased costs we are unlikely to be able to afford a Disney holiday again either as from September this year I will be losing quite a bit of my monthly income too.
We are expecting some compensation this year so have decided to use that towards making this years trip one to remember and going all out!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm desperate to go back but then I flip flop...might change my name to flip flop

We went in 2019 ( 13th trip). Didn't resonate with me but I have such an emotional attachment.

I'm considering universal studios/SeaWorld/ discover Cove trip.

I'm so up in the air still
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

We haven't been to Disney since 2018, we love Orlando and are going twice this year! Both times we are staying at Rosen Plaza, we love the restaurant options on Idrive, and we are doing universal, SeaWorld, Discovery cove and the water parks (volcano bay and aquaitca). We might go to Disney springs for a wee look around but I have no real urge to go back to Disney just now!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Went last month as it was important to me to see the 50th, had decided many years ago that I wanted to be there for that. But I'm done for now. Not for any negative reason, just feel like that chapter is over. May return at some point in the future as I have a couple bucket list items (mostly resort based) still on the list, but no rush on those. Other places to go.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

We have DVC but strongly considering not going in the parks next time. Too crowded, everything takes too long. Fortunately love the resorts through.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve booked a last minute 10 days (after delaying a Canaries cruise by 12 months) going on Saturday with no intention to visit Disney and until this enforced break I’ve been about 20 times.

We’ve always wondered if we can go without Disney so going to give it a go.

We’re planning to drive from MCO to Titusville and spend a day in Daytona and one in NASA then drive to Lake Buena Vista and have planned a day in Winter Gardens and Winter Park.

Testing permitting of course!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I know I got a August 2023 count down and I been saving £30 a week since September 2016 but at the moment with the rules with flights and nothing making us want to stay on site with just 30 mins extra in the parks it’s not driven me to book up yet. The genie I will be willing to pay for if the free QSDP was brought back for 2023/24 then I would consider booking a moderate resort again.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Have to agree with previous members, I got back from a Disney trip in November and the “Disney bubble” has burst.
The main reason being the rising costs for a lesser experience. We’re not a huge fan of the rides we average about 3 a park we actively want to ride.T here’s rides we can go on for the sake of it but the parks have lost their appeal especially with the park hopping rules which we relied heavily on in the mornings.

It’s also the Limited character interactions, short sporadic parades which still get crowded for, awful new fireworks show at mk, longer ride wait times, rising food & merchandise costs, fewer busses back to the resorts.
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We went in November/December just gone.
Stayed onsite (at both Disney and Universal)
We'd waited SOO long to go and to be honest it was an anti-climax. It was Okay, just meh.

We were also booked for late Feb this year and November this coming year.
We cancelled Feb as soon as we got back and got vouchers for our flights.

Too many changes at Disney, parks rammed, couldn't get a coffee or snack, queues at all stands etc, 'moving as a herd' meant couldn't easily stop to take in the details. Everything everywhere has gone up in price, even noticed more litter laying around the general Orlando area. Never really noticed that before...

Still loved the Disney resorts and staying onsite but lack of housekeeping etc wasn't great either.

I'm sure we will reconsider November's trip later, but right now at this moment the plan is not to return to Orlando for a good year or two now. (We did spend a few days on the Gulf and that was as relaxing as ever)

So yeah, the bubble has burst for us, at least it had on our recent trip.

Edited to add - Plus car hire costs - outrageous!

Edited at 05:32 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List