Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whatever others are going through this is your life and you are allowed to be upset.
Sending hugs.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I’ve been through similar back in 2016 and I’m sorry to say it just takes time and the only way is to take it day by day. I found who my true friends were and had support from the most unexpected people so don’t be afraid to ask for help - I also had so much support from people on here and if there’s anything I can do to help, please do let me know. I’m in a much happier place these days and I’m so much stronger than I ever was before, but it all takes time and being kind to yourself.
Solo trips can seem daunting, but I’ve taken several now and love them - you get more confident with every one you take!
Stay strong, accept that you will go through a rough time, but believe there is a light at the end of that tunnel - and pm me if you ever need to talk xx

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I had 2 friends who split from there wives since March 2020. Working from home and lockdown has really had a long impact on most people’s lives and I hope talking about it will hopefully make you a stronger person.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamacoco71
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you all your kind words they have made me cry again.

I have been miserable and grumpy so I can see why he wasn’t happy. Not that he’s perfect! It’s hard to accept your not loved anymore he’s my forever guy faults an all.

Thanks for listening so to speak.
Mamacoco71 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

So sorry to hear this. My husband left me in 2018 after 28 years together what seemed like out of the blue. When I had the desire and strength to look back at our relationship I was not happy and there were signs, I just chose to ignore them.

Take things a day at a time, don’t be too hard on yourself, allow yourself time to grieve. It’s not an easy thing to go through and it sometimes feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back but you will get there. I never thought I would and I did and I am now with a lovely guy who I would never have met if my ex hadn’t left.

It doesn’t matter what others are going through, this is your life and divorce is horrible. It takes it toll and changes you, but for the better. Have faith that you will get through this and everything will be alright - you just have to go through a load of crap and upset to get there.

Lots of love to you at this difficult time xx

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
3rd Time Lucky
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I also joined the 'left at 50' club a few years back and as others have said it will all seem a bit bleak at the moment, but in time you will smile again. It is especially shocking if you didn't actually know that your marriage was over! But with regard to the 'other people have worse problems', l always say that if you have one broken leg and someone else has two broken legs, obviously you are better off than them, but your one broken leg will still bloody hurt!
3rd Time Lucky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Sending you hugs. So many wise words on here. Hope you have good people around you. If not, there’s plenty on here who will pick you up when you need it.
Xxx
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Lots and lots of love to you. I’m nearly five years post divorce now and I remember how utterly bereft I felt at the time. Be very kind to yourself and surround yourself with people who care about your growth xxx
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Best wishes, don’t have advice but always happy on the end on a PM of you want a cheery hello !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

So sorry to read this , please don’t feel you can’t talk if you want to, there are always people on here willing to chat and offer support xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List