Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 22, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by barcn View Post
We will be in a similar situation. It's not yet clear whether this is a "one-off" (perhaps to encourage the French to get boosted?), or whether it will be a continuing requirement. If it's continuous then that would suggest the French will need to be having boosters every 4 months and I'm not sure that's really going to happen or whether indeed that is the intention. The change from 7 months to 4 months may have come because France changed it's booster guidance to 3 months after second jab from the original 6 months after second jab - giving people a month's grace to get the booster before their Health pass became invalid
I will be devastated if we can’t go, am looking forward to it so much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
We will all be well past four months for our booster when we go in May where is that information please?

ETA ok so I found the info, as most of the country had our boosters before Christmas, is this going to exclude most of us from visiting France in the summer?
You have to have your booster 4 months after your second dose, nothing mentioned yet about after your booster. So children might be ok if they had their second dose less than 4 months before they visit but not after that.

Vaccine pass is valid after 2 doses for 4 months, after that time to remain valid you need to have a booster (hope that makes sense).

ETA - I'm not sure what age they pass starts from as some articles are saying 12, others 16.

Edited at 03:19 PM.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
You have to have your booster 4 months after your second dose, nothing mentioned yet about after your booster. So children might be ok if they had their second dose less than 4 months before they visit but not after that.

Vaccine pass is valid after 2 doses for 4 months, after that time to remain valid you need to have a booster (hope that makes sense).

ETA - I'm not sure what age they pass starts from as some articles are saying 12, others 16.
Have I read it totally wrong then?

To me it looks like you have to have your booster 4 months after your vaccine, if that’s not the case I am delighted!

We have all had our boosters, but it will be 7 months when we go.

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Old 24 Jan 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
barcn
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Disneyland Paris website now updated with advice that reflects the new vaccine pass. They are saying that 12-17 year olds are fully vaccinated with two jabs (no mention of booster). The more I read about the requirements for 18+ years old, the more I think it’s just a case of as long as you’ve had a booster at some point then you are considered fully vaccinated. I think these 7 and 4 month requirements are one offs and not ongoing - can’t see every French national being boosted every 4 months
barcn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by barcn View Post
Disneyland Paris website now updated with advice that reflects the new vaccine pass. They are saying that 12-17 year olds are fully vaccinated with two jabs (no mention of booster). The more I read about the requirements for 18+ years old, the more I think it’s just a case of as long as you’ve had a booster at some point then you are considered fully vaccinated. I think these 7 and 4 month requirements are one offs and not ongoing - can’t see every French national being boosted every 4 months
Me neither just finding it very confusing!
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Have I read it totally wrong then?

To me it looks like you have to have your booster 4 months after your vaccine, if that’s not the case I am delighted!

We have all had our boosters, but it will be 7 months when we go.
I was confused by this too, as the wording isn't particularly clear.

I think what it means is that up to mid-February, anyone who has their booster within 7 months of their second jab will be granted a valid COVID pass. Beyond mid-February, this pass will remain valid.

Beyond mid-February, anyone who hasn't been boosted yet will need to have their booster at 4 months for them to get a valid COVID pass - they can't wait longer.

So if you're already boosted, it shouldn't be a problem. That's my understanding. But it is confusing!
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

🤔🤷🏼
Just parking this at the moment and will try to understand the rules next month!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
frozenfan97
VIP Dibber

I'm confused about all this, just looking some advice on this. Myself and my sister are going in June, we had our 2nd vaccine 5 months ago but haven't had a booster yet. I was planning on getting a booster sometime in the next few months.

Will our vaccine pass not be valid when we go if our booster is after 4 months? Should we get a booster before 15th Feb before the rule change comes in?
Old 26 Jan 22, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
theboothenend
Earning More Ears

As long as you have had your booster you are ok regardless of how long ago it was.
The rule change only applies if you havent had the booster yet.
Its all about the time between jab 2 and booster, not the time since booster
theboothenend is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Another one struggling to understand what the new requirements are. If anyone can help I'd be grateful! We were considering going for a couple of days in Feb half term (probably leaving Feb 15th). Are we now not able to because of my vaccination status?

Me:
1st dose vaccine: Jan 2021
2nd dose: March 2021
3rd dose (all three Pfizer): October 12th 2021

DP:
1st dose (Moderna): May 2021
2nd dose (Moderna): July 2021
3rd dose (Pfizer): 20th December 2021

(plus two unvaccinated under 12s so they are fine to travel I guess)

I feel like everything's reversed, last year we were nervous to book anything for this year as the children wouldn't be vaccinated (and one turns 12 just before summer hols), now we're nervy to book anything because of our own vaccination status might be an issue!
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List