Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

It’s entirely possible you could still go, if your booking allows you to hold out to the last minute then I would give it a try. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst, it’s a rubbish situation to be in at the moment with the pre-flight tests.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

My husband tested positive on pcr on arrival back from Florida on 21 December. No symptoms till late on 22nd and negative lft that day. Really poorly 23 to 26th. Negative lft on 29th. So sorry for what’s happened and hope you’re ok.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Really appreciate everyone’s kind replies and just keeping everything crossed we can still go. Will call netflights tommorow and discuss our options xx
Old 21 Jan 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have everything crossed for you it works out and you get to go away 🤞

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

I had a similar issue, wife and I tested positive 10 days before original flight date. We basically cancelled BA holiday (flights and car) and received a voucher. However, we rebooked a few days later, at a cheaper price, and ended up going 3 days after our original date. Thankfully it was over xmas so pretty much all our group could isolate due yo being off work and bank holidays. It was a big gamble, but thankfully we all tested negative for the fit-to-fly tests the day before flying.
I was offering to stay at home until I could fly out to join originally, but thankfully it all worked out.
Just don't panic, BA have been very good for us and workout whats best for your situation.
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DavrosMackenzie
Dancing with Tink'

My family are currently isolating with what I presume is omicron as its really mild. My daughter (7) picked it up from school on Friday 14th, we made no attempt to stop ourselves catching it, she's 7 and can't be locked up in a room! Myself and my partner tested positive by Wednesday last week. We fly in late April so I'm glad to be getting it out the way with now because we've not had it once throughout the pandemic despite not working from home, my partner working in a supermarket and my daughter being in school most of the time due to us being critical workers. I didn't want our 3 week holiday being cancelled because of covid after cancelling already once!

Bit controversial maybe actually wanting to get it over and done with but we're all triple jabbed about from my daughter and I've had worse colds!
DavrosMackenzie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear your news.

My hubby caught it and still had a positive test for 9 days, but fortunately neither my son or myself caught it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its the same for your family.
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Good luck with Netflights today.

Hopefully no one else catches it, they can all travel as planned and you get a recovery letter at day 10 and follow a few days later.

Let us know how you get on.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Good luck with Netflights today.

Hopefully no one else catches it, they can all travel as planned and you get a recovery letter at day 10 and follow a few days later.

Let us know how you get on.
Thank you. Do you know if BA accept a Covid recovery letter? Can I use this if I’m still testing positive? Xx
Old 22 Jan 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Yes you can use doctors recovery letter instead if still testing positive but only after official NHS isolation period has passed. In Scotland this is from day 11. I’d contact your GP now to ask if they’ll do it, many won’t, but if not these can be done privately online.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List