Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lama
I have Ears

Currency card.. but 4 adults able to use?

We are a family of 6 traveling. 4 adults and 2 kids. Mum, Dad and grandparents we are looking for an account we can use as a kitty for daily spending such as food shopping meals, drinks etc.

We wondered about a currency card that we can top up each day but it would be handy if we could have 4 cards for 1 account. Does this exist? Only one person would need to be able to access the account online to manage the money.
Thanks
Lama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm interested to hear if there's anything like this available too.
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Revolut you can get a few cards for but it may be the paid for account(premium) All cards would have the same name on them and they would work off the same fund within the account?

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Revolut can do this although they do charge to create physical cards. Technically they shouldn't be used by multiple people as it's a single account holder but it is there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nattyd248
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Lama View Post
We are a family of 6 traveling. 4 adults and 2 kids. Mum, Dad and grandparents we are looking for an account we can use as a kitty for daily spending such as food shopping meals, drinks etc.

We wondered about a currency card that we can top up each day but it would be handy if we could have 4 cards for 1 account. Does this exist? Only one person would need to be able to access the account online to manage the money.
Thanks
You can do this with a Caxton Currency card. Myself and my three children (teenagers) all have a card each on one account. Each card has their own names on them.
I didn't have to pay any extra for this.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Nattyd248 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
FairFX do family cards where the money comes from the same pot, you can transfer money between cards using their app.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
FairFX do family cards where the money comes from the same pot, you can transfer money between cards using their app.
Yup - This is what we've used in the past and found it super easy
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Don't think it's quite what you're after, but think it's worth mentioning anyway - Monzo do "shared tabs". Essentially you each have your own Monzo account, then you can mark transactions to go on the tab. When you're ready the app divvy's it up and takes the right money from each person.

monzo/i/shared-tabs-more
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

FairFX have changed their cards slightly now - you have 3 options.

Basic Currency Card - now just one card covers multi currencies

Linked Card Separate Balance - so 2 or more cards linked to the same account, where you can transfer money between the main account and the linked cards - I have this set up for my daughter

Linked Card Shared Balance - again 2 or more cards with one balance between all cards - this is what I have done with 2 friends who are coming with us - this will be our villa / petrol card

I hope that makes sense

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
FairFX have changed their cards slightly now - you have 3 options.

Basic Currency Card - now just one card covers multi currencies

Linked Card Separate Balance - so 2 or more cards linked to the same account, where you can transfer money between the main account and the linked cards - I have this set up for my daughter

Linked Card Shared Balance - again 2 or more cards with one balance between all cards - this is what I have done with 2 friends who are coming with us - this will be our villa / petrol card

I hope that makes sense
Didn't know about the Shared Balance cards, this would be ideal for me too. At the moment we have Separate Balance ones and have to transfer money
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List