Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
den-kjr
Excited about Disney

Mobile San Francisco/LA/San Diego

Planning for May/June next year
Flying from Glasgow to San Fran staying 4 nights- looking at cow Hollow inn - any good?
Then flying on to LA - (I know most drive but travelling myself with 2 children 1 in wheelchair and other with mobility problems long drives are not great ) doing Disneyland, universal and all the usual site so splitting stay here between Anaheim and either burnbank or hollywood hills - I may hire a car for this section any suggestions of places to stay Alamo Inn and suites looks close by and tilt hotel
Last part of our holiday will be San Diego, also flying from late here, looking to be near to zoo- Days Inn gas some good reviews

Any tipsor recommendations welcome
den-kjr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Another option is the take the train from LA to San Diego. We did this in October and it was a great relaxing way to get to San Diego
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
den-kjr
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great thank you will look into this
den-kjr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by den-kjr View Post
Planning for May/June next year
Flying from Glasgow to San Fran staying 4 nights- looking at cow Hollow inn - any good?
Then flying on to LA - (I know most drive but travelling myself with 2 children 1 in wheelchair and other with mobility problems long drives are not great ) doing Disneyland, universal and all the usual site so splitting stay here between Anaheim and either burnbank or hollywood hills - I may hire a car for this section any suggestions of places to stay Alamo Inn and suites looks close by and tilt hotel
Last part of our holiday will be San Diego, also flying from late here, looking to be near to zoo- Days Inn gas some good reviews

Any tipsor recommendations welcome
1. San Francisco.
We looked at the Cow Hollow and the Columbus motor Inn at some length. It was a toss up which one we booked (Columbus) both get good reviews.
With your children, as near to Fishermen’s as possible would be ideal with level walks, but as you have no doubt already realised, the prices for accommodation can be eye watering. It is still an awesome city, hence our return this Easter.

2. LA. Didn’t like it, even Disney, so nothing constructive to add on that. I think that you will struggle without a car, for what it’s worth. I would sooner vacation in Rotherham.

3. San Diego... Paradise and the best city in the States that I have ever visited.. It sounds like you will be looking at two areas...

Seaport, which is right on the front with level walks, restaurants, USS Midway, Kansas City Bar and grill (top gun bar) , Harbour Cruises, Whale Cruises and just a generally beautiful place.

Balboa Park with the Zoo, Museums, Cultural Stuff and general beauty. I didn’t however see it as particularly a place to find accommodation or food/restaurants.
It does have free parking throughout and is only a $8 Uber from USS Midway, thus making it very easy to get from one to the other by car, taxi or Uber.

Conclusion.. I would base myself in downtown San Diego near to Seaport.

As for San Diego Airport, it is pretty close to either.

There is a spectacularly good source of info on San Diego and you will find her ‘Sticky’ at the top of this section of the DIBB.
Her name is ‘AIMS’, she lives in San Diego and will answer any question that you might have, promptly as well as helpfully.

Hope this helps.

P.s, my California trip report in my signature may be of assistance to you.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
den-kjr
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks so much for all your great info - I'll have a look at the sticky - I'm looking forward to san Diego to most !
Old 24 Feb 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Downtown is a great location to stay in San Diego but it is the heart of the tourist area too, so hotel prices can be costly. If you stay closer to the airport, which is only 3 miles out from downtown, hotel prices will be a little more reasonable and you will still be an easy distance from the city center. There is a scenic spot near the airport called Shelter Island that has two nice, reasonably priced hotels I recommend looking at: Best Western Plus Island Palms, and Humphreys Half Moon Inn which is right next door. Lots of restaurants a quick drive or Uber away, there are some good food places in Liberty Station community which is five minutes away from Shelter Island.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List