Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Hotel near DLP/Paris for one night before onsite stay to travel into Paris for the day? By station?

Hi, we have booked to visit DLP at the end of November staying onsite for three nights. We would like to go into Paris on the day that we travel by Eurotunnel as we arrive very early. We thought about having a hotel just outside of Paris or close to DLP and getting the train in. We would then just drive to Our Disney Hotel early the following morning ready for a full day in the parks. Just wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere to stay near a station, so we could leave the car at the hotel. Any tips on what trains to get also much appreciated. We haven't been to DLP since 2006 so it all feels new again.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

You could try a partner hotel as they do buses to the station at dlp. Hubby went to paris from there. Hotel is free to park the car. Weve used booking.com so nothing to pay until get there and were far cheaper than direct with hotel. We are staying night before checking into dlp and then 2 nights after checking out of dlp.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, which hotel is that you are staying at?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you wanted to stay close to DLP there are plenty of hotels near Val d'Europe station. The Ibis Val d'Europe (not Ibis Marne la Vallee) is cheap - it's basic but clean and safe, and the staff were lovely. It's right opposite the back entrance to the station so very easy.

The train takes about 45 minutes to get into Paris.

To be honest though, I think that would be a really tiring day. Paris is full on and needs at least a day to experience.

I don't know how the logistics would work but maybe you could drive to Paris itself and stay there one night?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

If you drive from the eurotunnel to the Disneyland area, and then get the train into the centre of Paris and back out, that’s a fair amount of going back on yourself.

You could as Gill H suggested stay the first night in Paris but I’d recommend only considering this with a car if you’re extremely confident - Paris city centre driving is not for the faint of heart!

One more option to think about that I have done before with a similar plan...

Find a place off the motorway that you’d be passing anyway on the way to DLP and stay there that first night.

I’m sure there are a few areas that would work but a good area that I’ve used in the past is Parc des Expositions, where there is a lot of reasonably priced hotels (ibis etc) with free parking. Parc des Expositions has an RER station that will put you in the middle of Paris in half the time it would take from DLP, but is not so close to the city you’re in the crazy Paris traffic. You’d then just finish the last half hour of the drive to DLP on the next morning.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Gill, I'll have a look at that hotel. Do you have any other recommendations for hotels closer to Paris on the train line? We could stay closer to the city if that's better?
We are happy to just see the Eiffel Tower really on this trip and we generally have very hectic days on our holidays so think we'll be OK!
Thanks for your help x
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
If you drive from the eurotunnel to the Disneyland area, and then get the train into the centre of Paris and back out, that’s a fair amount of going back on yourself.

You could as Gill H suggested stay the first night in Paris but I’d recommend only considering this with a car if you’re extremely confident - Paris city centre driving is not for the faint of heart!

One more option to think about that I have done before with a similar plan...

Find a place off the motorway that you’d be passing anyway on the way to DLP and stay there that first night.

I’m sure there are a few areas that would work but a good area that I’ve used in the past is Parc des Expositions, where there is a lot of reasonably priced hotels (ibis etc) with free parking. Parc des Expositions has an RER station that will put you in the middle of Paris in half the time it would take from DLP, but is not so close to the city you’re in the crazy Paris traffic. You’d then just finish the last half hour of the drive to DLP on the next morning.
That sounds perfect thankyou. I think that will perhaps be our best way to do it.
I'll go and have a look.
Thanks x
Old 26 Jul 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Thanks, which hotel is that you are staying at?
We are driving straight through and staying at the campanile val de france (use to be the kyriad) night before, transferring to disneyland hotel for 4 nights, then staying at the explorers for 2 nights before driving straight home.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
We are driving straight through and staying at the campanile val de france (use to be the kyriad) night before, transferring to disneyland hotel for 4 nights, then staying at the explorers for 2 nights before driving straight home.
Thanks for that, we tend to struggle finding rooms being a family of five. X
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Explorers (or what it is called now) cater for up to 10 I believe (they did when we last booked a few years ago as Expedia had many many room options and it surprised us). There are certainly rooms with multiple bunks beds.

Edit. Just checked Expedia and yes they have rooms for 6 and 10.

Edited at 07:28 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List