Notices

Old 5 Mar 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeandshell View Post
We are going straight down to POR as that's where we are staying for the first week. Your plans are so similar to ours... !

We have never flown indirect before... have you?
No we haven't but I'm not worried about it. What will be will be... if we miss our connection we will get there at some point. Are you hiring a car? My husband doesn't want to do the drive after a long travel day especially if we are delayed or miss our connection and I can't complain as I'm not the one doing the driving.

Part of me just wants to get there travel day so we are done with the travelling but the other half thinks we will be up at the crack if dawn anyway do night as well be more relaxed and make the drive then as we will have nothing else to do at that time.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeandshell
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
No we haven't but I'm not worried about it. What will be will be... if we miss our connection we will get there at some point. Are you hiring a car? My husband doesn't want to do the drive after a long travel day especially if we are delayed or miss our connection and I can't complain as I'm not the one doing the driving.

Part of me just wants to get there travel day so we are done with the travelling but the other half thinks we will be up at the crack if dawn anyway do night as well be more relaxed and make the drive then as we will have nothing else to do at that time.
Yes we are hiring a car... I can imagine we will all be knackered after the long day but hubby is up for the drive 😐

I'm sure you will be up at the crack of dawn like you say!
mikeandshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mini update - Car hire is booked. Booked with Virgin (Alamo), cheapest for a standard SUV by far, no one came close. Final things that needs to be booked is the hotel for arrival night. I will be booking the marriott at Tampa airport using my clubcard vouchers as this means minimal stress on arrival day, if we miss our connection in Atlanta or arrive later than planned we don't have to do anything other than go to the hotel.

Car is booked for early the next morning so once we have woken up at the crack of dawn we can collect the car and make our way to Universal nice and early stopping at ihop for breakfast on the way! Yum

My Dad has offered to drop us off and pick us up at Heathrow so that saves us £160 for airport parking which is very nice of them.

I was disappointed to hear the Pixar Place play centre at The Contemporary has closed as that was in our plans for one night so we could have 1 adult only evening at MK but never mind.

That is it for now.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fab x
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds great
That’s ideal having someone drop you off at the airport... all the extras make a big dent in potential spends won’t be long before your DDD day
Old 23 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mini update

Finally booked our arrival night hotel. Paid £25.00 for one night at the Marriott in Tampa Airport using my Tesco Clubcard vouchers and feel happy it is the right choice and takes a little of the stress out the travel day with our first time flying indirect.

Booked and paid for a single stroller for my youngest as she is not an evening person and I have no doubt she will fall asleep if we are out late just like she did last time... although she has promised me she will stay awake for some of the fireworks this time.

Final update - the kids now know. We surprised them for their birthdays (less than 2 weeks apart) I did a Disney themes treasure hunt with clues leading them around the house until they found the treasure which had lanyards, neck pillows and some Disney clothes in it as well as a holiday countdown. They were very happy and we have been chatting all week about what we will do, which FP we want etc

That is all for now, will hopefully be back once FP are booked with our plan.
Old 23 May 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

🥳 your reveal sounds lovely, and what a great time to choose to do it!
Sounds like a great deal using your Tesco vouchers - will definitely ease the stress for you I think. Not long at all until you’re booking those fast passes and then it will fly by
Old 23 May 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Mini update

Finally booked our arrival night hotel. Paid £25.00 for one night at the Marriott in Tampa Airport using my Tesco Clubcard vouchers and feel happy it is the right choice and takes a little of the stress out the travel day with our first time flying indirect.

Booked and paid for a single stroller for my youngest as she is not an evening person and I have no doubt she will fall asleep if we are out late just like she did last time... although she has promised me she will stay awake for some of the fireworks this time.

Final update - the kids now know. We surprised them for their birthdays (less than 2 weeks apart) I did a Disney themes treasure hunt with clues leading them around the house until they found the treasure which had lanyards, neck pillows and some Disney clothes in it as well as a holiday countdown. They were very happy and we have been chatting all week about what we will do, which FP we want etc

That is all for now, will hopefully be back once FP are booked with our plan.
Ah bet it was amazing to see their reactions! Still not told DD, think we will wait until we back from our UK break the first weekend of summer hols. Have you got your FP plan ready? Must admit mine is not yet done! 😱 gotta get cracking with that..😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Speaking of FP... I need some help. Having done my general plan ages ago so I could book our ADR's I'm now having second thoughts. Can you guys have a look and see what you think please? I think I am over thinking and have looked at it too much.

I'm going to ignore the universal days as having FOL passes with RPR we are just going to do what we fancy but the Disney days are a different kettle of fish as we all know!

Thursday 15th
Move to FQ hopefully around 1:00.
Akershus booked for 4:55 and will hopefully have Froxzen, Mission space and Living with the land FP for just before and after dinner

Friday 16th
EMH at MK
Boma booked for 5:00
AK for after Boma
I can't decide whether to save 3 FP for AK for the evening and just use EMH at MK and ride what is a short wait or book FP for MK and just wander around AK after dinner and watch ROL. What do you think is best?

Saturday 17th
The Wave booked for breakfast 9:30
Swim and relax
Mama Melrose for Fantasmic seating booked for 4:00
FP for HS

Sunday 18th
Disney springs or outlet shopping
California Brunch at 12:45
Shopping/resting
Back to contemporary for Fireworks viewing

Monday 19th
Water park
Via Napoli booked for 5:00
Epcot for the evening with FP

Tuesday 20th
Swimming
Springs for lunch at Blaze
MNSSHP at MK

Wednesay 21st
Water Park
AK for the late afternoon/evening
Yak and Yeti booked for 5:30

Thursday 22nd
EMH at Epcot and a late breakfast booked at Garden Grill 10:25
HS for the evening with Sci Fi booked for 5:55

Friday 23rd
Free morning
Tusker House ROL booked for 2:30
AK for the afternoon and evening

Saturday 24th
Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast at 9:25
Swimming
HS for the evening

Sunday 25th
Disney Springs
Chef Art Smith 12:40
MK for the evening

Monday 26th
Waterpark
Liberty Tree Inn 5:20 and evening in MK

Tuesday 27th
Going to attempt 4 parks in 1 day challenge starting in HS, onto AK with FP. MK before 6 (due to MNSSHP) and finishing in Epcot with EEH. Loved Goldias 4 park challenge from last year.

Wednesday 28th
Easy morning to relax.
Springs for Blaze if we fancy it.
MK for EEH and Pecos Bills for dinner

Thursday 29th
Epcot all day. Food and Wine opens and we will be spending all left over credits here and eating ourselves into oblivion.

Friday 30th (last full day)
EMH at MK
Jungle Skipper for lunch at 12.0
Stay as long as we want.
Sanaa booked for 5:15.

Be brutal guys... any good?
Old 28 May 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I loved my 4 parks challenge too really good luck with yours and I hope you report back on how it went! Fingers crossed with the weather for you.

Ok so, your plans...I think it all looks great. You've got a great mix of downtime and parks. We've never made it to EEH as we're always so tired by then. But you're making sure you have a couple of late starts and pool time.

For my advice on the 16th where you have MK I'd book FP for there instead of AK. I think you'd be able to get at least Everest or one of the non Pandora rides at AK in the evening after using your MK FP and so while you are unlikely to ride FOP on this day you do have AK later in the trip so you can get FOP on those days.

Have fun enjoying all your snack credits at Epcot! That will be fun!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List