Notices

Old 2 Aug 16, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking For The Mouse 2016 Gill Family Trip Report (Pre Travel Day Off To Gatwick)

Good morning Dibbers!
Well the day has finally arrived! We have waited for this trip for 26 months, it's been a long wait and an awful lot of saving money but the day has come! Check out my pre trippy for details of this extra special celebration trip.
Well as you can see I have been awake since 4:30am! Bradley came into my room to tell me his night light had gone off and it was too dark ( mummy's fault for putting all the lights on security timers last night! ) He went back to sleep but I have been too excited to sleep ever since. So I have sat here in bed until a more reasonable 6:20 when the boys burst in declaring " This is the day! "

Luggage all ready, I was hoping to travel lighter but that never happens haha.

We are on our way!

The kids have enjoyed their mickey waters in the car I recently picked up in home bargains .
I have to say listening to our holiday travel music playlist on the way made me cry lol. I have waited so long for this day I just got overwhelmed with happiness.

It's a very wet drive oh well we will soon be in the Florida sunshine

We have stopped at the services to do our online check in with virgin Atlantic over a costa. We have kept our seats yay. I didn't think we had though as a note came up saying they had to change them but they seem as they should be. We have two sets of two at the back which is very helpful with spencer. They also confined our special assistance requirements. All good !

Yum! £17 for our coffee and cake though... Ouch haha

We finally arrived at gatwick

Took the first ride of the holiday the monorail to north terminal for the premier inn 😃

We have a nice view from our rooms !

Pre dinner drinks part of our meal deal cheers!

Starter 😃👍

Had some yummy food at the premier inn but the service was soooooo slow.
We then did twilight check in at gatwick. The check in person was so helpful. Spencer has autism and she gave us fast track security, tags for our bags to ensure they come off first and filled in an information form for the cabin crew to make them aware. I couldn't have asked for more.
The kids have been quite wild and over excited so I have given them a bath and just put them down for the night yo dream of things to come.
I'm tired now but feeling so blessed

In the land of nod 😍

Spencer was very happy we let him have his first ever can of fizzy pop! He feels all grown up!

The crew came around with the first round of drinks quite quickly and this wine was indeed very welcomed.

This is the menu today if anyone's interested.

Brad was more difficult to entertain this flight than when he was three last time. He's 5 now. Last time he was happy with peppa pig on loop this time he required lots of attention and was a bit too excited bless him. It was ok though it passed the time for me and it was nice to get some quality time with him. We did lots of stickers and colouring.

It was soon lunch time for the kids and luckily both ours got the kids meal they ordered. The main was a cheesy pasta and actually tasted very nice and fresh. There was so much food for them!

This was the adults meal

This chicken was totally delicious. The food has been fantastic on this flight tasting very fresh and in plentiful a amounts. Most people on the flight seemed to be leaving the strange salad though!

Brad had a little sleep for an hour

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

How exciting, look forward to reading more
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have a wonderful time and i can't wait to read your reports... Enjoy it all X
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Enjoy

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Have an amazing holiday!
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Soooooo exciting, safe travels and have a great time.
Old 2 Aug 16, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some very excited people on the way to Gatwick have a good journey

Joan
Old 2 Aug 16, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How very exciting!
Old 2 Aug 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Those Mickey water bottles are so cute! *Runs to Home Bargains*

Great travel day. So exciting! Glad you managed to keep your seats. £17 for coffee and cake though?! Ouch!

Looking forward to reading more. x
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPunk
Trying for More Ears

DisneyPunk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start
Looking forward to more 😎
DisneyPunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List