Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 12 Oct 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Boston Baked Beans, History and NKOTB Fan Trip October 2018

I do solemnly swear I will finish this trip report.

Probably.

I’ve had good intentions for all the holidays this year, but none of them have come together. At DisneyWorld in February I managed to not relax the whole week due to crazy nerves of wanting the trip to be absolutely just amazing. And it was brilliantly awesome! I just never relaxed enough to take photos and notes for a trip report. Since then has been a cruise to Amsterdam and a gorgeously wonderful trip to NYC.

This time is a trip to Boston. It’s somewhere I’ve wanted to go to for a very long time. I love history (read it, watch it, live it from time to time) and so the cradle of the American Revolution is a place I want to get to. And a love of NKOTB. If I could maybe bump into any one of them I’d be very happy lady!

So, just before the trip to WDW (early February), I was browsing round skyscanner (as you do!) and looking for various trips to the East Coast. Washington was where I was initially looking but it was coming in too expensive. Then I did a little search on Boston after seeing some interesting trip reports. Bingo! £300 return each with Virgin. I ummed and ahhhhed and looked at accommodation then I was told to get the flights booked. So I did!

We’re heading out next week for half term, staying in an airbnb for 7 nights in Jamaica Plains, a lovely looking neighbourhood in the south of Boston. We have a night in Plymouth booked to go out to Plimouth Plantation and to see Plymouth Rock and to have a bit of a change. It’s going to be a week of sightseeing, history and watching the boys run around parks and fun places!
Old 13 Oct 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Have a fantastic time! We stayed in Jamaica Plain on our Boston trip earlier this year - I'm currently writing that section of the trip report so I'll try to get it done asap!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve just read that instalment and was going to ask what you thought! We were let down by our original Airbnb host but have found a new one, albeit more expensive. I’m just hoping it all goes nice and smoothly now.