Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 Nov 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 2 ~ MK & Walmart ~ Are We Going To Mickey Mouse World Mummy? ~ 28th Oct 18

Find the previous day HERE

So this trip consisted of:

Myself (Kelly) - Chief planner and organiser ... none of the trip would have happened without me

Husband (Chris) - The laid back photographer one ... I guess it wouldn't have happened without him paying for it so I have to give him some recognition there

Caitlin (Turned 12 when we were out there) - total drama llama and pre teen one.

Thomas (9) - the cheeky brain box one.

Noah (5) - the cute one (He was recently diagnosed as autistic, so it was a big challenge for us all to ensure we kept meltdowns to a minimum)

Day 2 - MK, Be Our Guest, Car Hire and Walmart

I was up at 3.15, wide awake... Everyone else still laid their snoring till around 5am 🙄 Kids had some cereal to tide them over. We all had showers and got sorted. Noah almost had a meltdown when we tried to put his suncream on. He point blank refused until we’d done everyone else first. He then refused to have it on his face. I managed to bargain with him and told him that I just needed to put it on his cheeks nose and chin as long as he wore his cap at all times. He was happy enough with that so meltdown averted thankfully! We walked to the food court at 6.40am for drinks and snacks.

We got a chocolate pastry (which only I ate!) and a rice crispie treat which the kids shared. We had a little wander around the resort and returned to the room to drop our mugs off. We headed to the bus stop and were on a bus to Magic Kingdom by 7.50.

We went to guest services and got the DAS pass applied to our account for Noah. Whilst in the queue Noah wasn’t coping which resulted in him lying on the floor trying to kick us and refusing to get up. The cast member that helped us was really patient and tried to distract Noah. We eventually managed to calm him down and got his photo taken for the pass. The CM explained how to use it but I was still trying to sort Noah so I wasn’t really paying much attention … Chris was off taking his photo’s 🙄

When we walked in the park I refused to look at the castle I wanted to wait till I walked round the corner from guest services to see it and it was magical. It brought back so many amazing memories for me and also brought a tear to my eye. I couldn’t believe we were finally here, after 18 months of planning, it was really happening.

We walked up main street and stopped for our first photopass with the castle. We then headed round to Fantasyland for our Be Our Guest breakfast reservation. We had already pre ordered on the app which made it easier and quicker for our reservation. We arrived at 8.40am exactly … this getting to reservations on time is a doddle!

We bumped into Mrs BC again in the queue behind us I really do think she was secretly stalking us only joking. We headed in and sat in the Ballroom and waited for our food. Noah was very overwhelmed by it all, poor little love

We had also pre-ordered some souvenir glasses for the kids, wish we'd known the size of them before we ordered as they're huge!

We ordered the following:

Chris, Thomas and Noah:

Feast A La Gaston - Scrambled Eggs, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, and Sausage served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries - $28.

Me:

Croque Madame - Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Béchamel served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries - $28

Caitlin:

French Toast - Brioche Bread served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries - $15

We had 3 fountain drinks and 2 chocolate milks for the boys. As there were 5 of us we got 2 plates of pastries. Reading others pre trippies I hoped we would get 2, however, today we found out that the kid's don't really like pastries they've eaten croissants and pain au chocolates before so this was news to us. It was then left to me on the pastry front as Mr Grump gets bad heartburn from pastry so he doesn't eat it often either so they were all left to me I managed half of the pain au chocolate

When the food came out Noah refused to eat anything as it looked 'different' to home 🙄 we managed to get him to eat the sausages and he swapped his bacon for Thomas' sausage too. Caitlin decided she didn't like french toast before she even tried it, even though when she preordered she said she liked french toast as she's had it before. In the end Caitlin and Noah only ate the fruit and a sausage 🙄

Chris and the kid's headed to the restrooms whilst I finished and I met them at the exit where Chris tried to get a photo of them, sadly due to the door being open and the position of the sun it didn't work properly 🙄

By now it was 9.10am and I was conscious we'd taken longer in BoG than I'd anticipated. We hotfooted it to 7DMT and asked for a return time for the DAS pass, the CM just told us to go straight on! Bonus!

Everyone absolutely loved this, it was a firm favourite by all with the kid's asking almost daily if we were going on it that day We had a
FP for Winnie the Pooh at 9.30am so we headed here after 7DMT. The kid's enjoyed it. We had another 40 minutes or so till our next FP so we decided to do Enchanted Tales with Belle, the wait time said 15 minutes so we decided to just wait in the main queue ... bad idea

Outside in the queue I could see Noah was getting a little antsy so I managed to distract him by getting him to guess the number of people that would go past us before we got into 'Belle's House'. This worked for a while then we had to move inside the house. In here Caitlin and Thomas started winding each other up so they got separated and told off, Noah was climbing all over the chair and trying to stand on the chess table so I lifted him down and told him he couldn't do it. This started a meltdown, he started crying and lashing out at me and Chris, obviously with it being crowded we needed to try and contain him in a space so he didn't hurt others but this just seemed in infuriate him more. Chris eventually managed to calm him down (I was the enemy this time ) just before we were let in.

My notes show that we actually waited 30 minutes for this which I wasn't too happy about. Had we known the queue was 30 minutes we wouldn't have waited and the meltdown probably could have been avoided but you live and learn don't you?

The kid's all enjoyed the show, although they refused to join in with it. They all got their photo's taken with Belle at the end though, even though Noah was really wary.

Next up was our Peter Pan
FP which we got to at 10.45am. We all enjoyed this and Thomas loved how it was 'flying'. We got off and headed to Under The Sea to get a return time for the DAS pass, again we were told just to head straight on which was fab. We all really enjoyed this, especially me as The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite Disney films so I was singing along much to the kid's disgust

I have in my notes that Noah had a mini meltdown in the queue, I can't fully remember it but I imagine it was to do with wanting a drink as I have that I bargained with him that after this ride we would go get drinks

We headed to Gastons Tavern to try the Le Fous Brew and get some iced water. Chris took photos and got a table whilst I ordered. I got the drink with a snack credit whilst Caitlin got the waters. I got back to the table with the kid's arguing about who's drink was who's seriously why?! They're all water just drink one, we can get more!

The kid's said they liked it but after a few drinks they refused anymore so I guess they didn't Mr Grump drank most of it, I didn't like it as I don't like apple juice so it was a bit of a waste for us, we all preferred the water

We noticed a photopass photographer so we went and got some photos.

Next up was our Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
FP the queue was HUGE, we queried whether it was actually the FP line! We waited around 20 minutes to get on in the FP queue. Everyone loved the ride ... I loved it even more that I got the highest score of us all ... I can be competitive at times!

Not sure what the others scores were. After this we went on People Mover and the Carousel of Progress. We all quite enjoyed people mover ... Carousel of Progress not so much. Thomas didn't mind it but Noah and Caitlin were bored we didn't realise just how long it was!

We got out around 12.10pm. We had arranged to collect our hire car at 1pm but had to arrange pick up an hour before. I phoned and arranged to be collected from the Contemporary at 2pm.

We headed to the exit via Pandora where I stared longingly at the Disney Park Exclusive charms

I was very good and didn't spend anything We seen Pluto as we were exiting and stopped to get some photos, I was kicking myself we didn't bring the autograph books as we didn't plan on meeting characters today!

We got the monorail to the Contemporary and decided to grab some lunch there as everyone was hungry. As we got off the monorail Chris and the kid's were talking about Chef Mickey's.

Now I had an ADR for Sunday 4th at 8.20am, however, when speaking to Chris a few months ago I mentioned cancelling it as we will see all those characters at other meets and he agreed ... plus he wasn't keen on the $45 tip we would have had to pay can always sway him with money!

Anyway, the kid's went on and on about how they wanted to go so he blamed
ME for cancelling it! I explained to the kid's that we'd spoke about it and decided to cancel it as the characters were the same as other breakfast reservations and it was extra money. I bargained and said that if we came to Disney again we would do ... created a rod for my own back there haven't I as these kid's NEVER forget!

We headed to the Contempo Cafe, ordering took a while as I was trying to sort everyone with snacks and drinks, my head hurt! We went to the till and were told that we couldn't have a large chocolate milk with the kid's meals or something, we ended up back and forth several times before we got sorted. When we paid the lady talked a bit about the dining plan and said we should get on with some snacks as we had 138 left I told her I knew and that we only arrived the day before and had 2 weeks We got all the food to share between us all.

Meat Lovers Flatbread - Italian Sausage, Pepperoni and Smoked Bacon topped with Mozzarella - $11.49 We swapped the drink for a cookie to share for dessert

Kid's Cheese Flatbread - served with Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie and choice of one side item: GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce, Apple Slices, Carrots or Grapes and choice of small Lowfat Milk, small Dasani® Bottled Water or Minute Maid® Apple Juice - $7.19 We opted for grapes and chocolate milk, we didn't realise you had to get the grapes yourself so we missed out on those! This was where we found you couldn't swap a drink on a kid's meal for a dessert or at least thats what the CM told us

Chicken Nuggets - served with Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie and choice of one side item: GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce, Apple Slices, Carrots or Grapes and choice of small Lowfat Milk, small Dasani® Bottled Water or Minute Maid® Apple Juice We got this an adult portion instead of a kid's and opted for fries with and a fountain drink.

Caitlin and I both had our birthday badges on and a lovely CM brought a cake over and said happy birthday to us which was lovely. Sadly we didn't have time to eat it as it was 1.50pm and we needed to be outside the lobby for the Alamo bus to pick us up! We got a takeaway container and took some of the chicken nuggets and chips that were left and the cake with us. The boys ate the nuggets and chips outside when waiting. The Alamo bus didn't arrive till 2.10pm.

The bus driver was lovely and very chatty. There was another family on the bus too. We got sorted at Alamo and were in the car by 2.45pm. I let Chris do the honours of driving us back to the room he managed well considering it was his first time driving abroad. When we arrived back we seen this in the window ...

The kid's were shattered so we thought we'd try and get them to nap ... yeah right!

Sure the kid's thought it was an indoor play area, they suddenly became very hyper, running around, messing with each other, basically acting like wild animals so we abandoned that idea and decided to head to WalMart with the promise of the kid's being able to spend some of their spending money.

We went to the one on Vineland Road. With the food court being so far away we knew we probably wouldn't be using the refillable drinks as much as we thought so we stocked up on Sprite, Coke and Water. We also bought strawberry milkshake, about a thousand different Pop Tarts (ok that may be an exaggeration but there was a lot!) we also got Oreo's, goldfish biscuits, pretzels, cheetos, lays, dramamine (for Universal) and Mickey stroller for Noah. I wanted some caramel M&M's but could only find the small packs near the tills Photo's in WalMart are courtesy of Caitlin

I had to take a photo of the size of these crochet hooks for my friend, I was stood in the aisle giggling away to myself for quite a while ... I blame the tiredness

We went round the toy aisles to so the kid's could see if there was anything they wanted. Noah wanted this to bring home ...

Ummmmmm

This was Caitlin's haul

Thomas's

Yes he really did come to Florida to buy Lego that costs the same amount as it does at home 🙄

Noah's

According to time stamps we got back around 6.45pm and went to the food court for food to take back to the room.

Chris

Pulled Pork All Beef Foot Long Hot Dog - topped with Pulled Pork with Fries and Creole Coleslaw - $13.49

Me

Customize-Your-Own Pasta - Choose from a variety of your favorite sauces and fresh ingredients, including Chicken and Shrimp - $11.49

I got alfredo sauce with chicken, bacon and onion.

Kids

Large Cheese Pizza

We opted to swap the drinks for desserts, but as it was only 4 credits it was only 4 desserts so I let Chris and the kid's choose their own.

Cupcake Bayou

Cupcake Mickey Oreo

Strawberry Cheesecake for Chris

Thomas got a brownie too but we didn't get a photo for some reason. We were back in the room by 7pm. That pizza could have fed the lot of us it was huge, think the kid's only managed about 4 slices between them!

Kid's were asleep by 8.15pm I cleared out the bag and repacked for the next day. I was asleep by 9pm

Steps: 15,136
Snacks: 2 USED - 138 LEFT
QS Credits:14 USED- 56 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 70 LEFT

Edited at 09:56 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List