Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Yes, but only for the summer ‘seacation’ sailings on Britannia and Iona. pocruises/cruise-wit...w.google
That’s what I meant, sorry should have been clearer.
Milliebob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Is the Disney ship fully crewed up? I know a lot of the cruise ships had skeleton crews on board. They might be struggling to crew it due to restrictions entering the UK especially if they come from red list counties the the Philippines which supply a lot of crew for merchant ships including cruise lines. Most crew could also be out of date for mandatory training and medicals, this also applies to all cruise lines not just Disney.

There could be a number of reasons added together that would make Disney cancel/postponed, not just one.

Edited at 09:05 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

in response to the poster who had booked a seacation with P&O. P&0 maybe they are vaccinated, having underlying significant health conditions or maybe carers. if so they deserve a break. pretty hard to book without seeing the booking conditions regarding vaccination requirements

Edited at 09:07 AM.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
howed
Swimming at the All Star Resort

howed's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mossy51 View Post
Aww I'd got really excited about that...although probably saved myself a fortune! I had a maximum amount in my head but we all know that would have vanished ha ha.

Interesting that some thoughts are because Disney's market includes lots of children... don't worry about that. As a teacher (surrounded by many small children every day) the government/DfE have assured us all that children don't spread covid and aren't in any danger from it!

(Just to clarify, this comment is tongue in cheek.)
As a teacher myself surrounded by hundreds of students and being in 'bubbles' for months this comment made me laugh. Children are not an issue when it comes to covid, DCL would be the safest ship sailing this summer in the governments eyes hahaa
howed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
P and O, 4 nights, school holidays, balcony cabin -£1464 2a 2 teens
Booked! Looking forward to exploring a new cruise line ❤️❤️ Hope you all get what you want when Disney release prices.
Don't P&O require everyone to be vaccinated including kids (unless by teens you mean over 18)
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Interested that a few of you are not liking the look of the virgin voyage. Saying you dont think it's your cup of tea. Can I ask why ? I had a quick look at it and thought it looked good but maybe I'm missing something, ... like it's going to be like an 18-30 holiday 😳
Like Bighal said, earlier last year (just before Covid really hit hard) they bought the ship for a press/Influencer event in Dover and had them all on board overnight. So there a fair few vlogs and video tours. The aestehtic of the ship just wasn't quite there for me. I like modern ships which she certainly is, but she doesn't feel very nautical.

Also she has one of the smallest/shallowest pools at sea, which seems an odd choice for a ship which will primarily be Caribbean and Mediterranean based.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by spoonarama View Post
Don't P&O require everyone to be vaccinated including kids (unless by teens you mean over 18)
Yes, all three Carnival group lines sailing from the UK this summer (Cunard, P&O & Princess) have said vaccinations for all required.

Hence why I am a bit anxious about my September Princess Sailing and being vaxxed in time!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Interested that a few of you are not liking the look of the virgin voyage. Saying you dont think it's your cup of tea. Can I ask why ? I had a quick look at it and thought it looked good but maybe I'm missing something, ... like it's going to be like an 18-30 holiday 😳
It looks very trendy and I'm not sure my lot are. My parents are 72 & 65 and me and my sister are in our 40s. I think its going to be very glitzy and a much younger crowd than any of us are used to. I'm still excited to try it out but it looks way too "younger" for us.

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
There are a few vlogs of the ship complete with walk throughs available. They certainly put us off and the ship actually looks awful from the outside to start with.
And yes I agree. Some of the vlogs are just appalling and make it look like some weird cult ship
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Marella/Tui have announced staycations as well. With a Newcastle or southampton departure.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Marella/Tui have announced staycations as well. With a Newcastle or southampton departure.
Prices don't look too bad, from £450 fully inclusive for 3 nights is what they've said. Only doing 2 short cruises though, the rest look to be 7 nighters.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List