Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

Bitter sweet I’d say. But now to focus on our mini trip in April. And plan a big one in august. No expense spared!
nape dog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by misswylie View Post
Devastated for us October ones 💔 we were due to fly on the 21st October and I had full faith. I start a new job 02nov so no changing for us 💔 august 2022 it is.
Feel the same, totally gutted tbh. 😔 I *had* moved on. Now my brain is pondering November options, but it's a bad idea really. 😢 Thought I was off the rollercoaster, the near miss hurts.
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Totally gutted as due to fly 21st
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mixed emotions here too
They cancelled an hour before I saw announcement
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Due to fly 26th, have toyed with the idea of moving it back by a few days but DVC availability probably rules it out. Will wait to see what they mean by “early” November. But does mean we can move it to January with confidence and actually get excited!
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

But also, just to say it’s been super hard to stay positive all this time. I’ve always tried to be optimistic about it opening and have been frequently shot down as unrealistic, but here we are with a November opening so I feel justified for keeping the faith, even if it’s a few days later than I needed it to be!
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

So gutted for the close call.. We were due to fly 18th October and I held out hope right till the last minute. Virgin took our flight off the app on Saturday but we are still yet to hear anything from our travel agent. Moving it back a few weeks is a no for us due to a family wedding and the arrival of a new foal but I'm super happy others will get to go soon.

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

I am really down. So pleased for the November people, but we were Oct 22nd and are in the position of not being able to rebook next year due to family weddings, exam results and eldest starting uni our slots to go are too small

First world problems and all that but still, Devastated
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Yeah I’m the same as others who are feeling pretty gutted. Of course I’m happy for those who will get to go in November / December etc but knowing we’ve missed it by just a couple of weeks is rough.

Although with a 15 and 13 year old it wouldn’t be that straightforward anyway. At this point I don’t feel any closer to going despite today’s news with so much uncertainty around vaccinations for teens and what the deal will be around one or two doses.

We’re hoping to move this booking to August but already have back-up flights to Miami booked and a mini trip at Easter. Hopefully over the coming days it will become clearer for those with teens and I can start looking forward to what we have booked.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Beapay
Trying for More Ears

I feel as if all I keep going on about is flights! but a little earlier my flights for 14th Oct disappeared off BA site, and nothing was available until November, however, just re-looked and the October flights are available again. I wish they would just make up their mind
Beapay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List