Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Nov 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KazMT60
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
Thanks both. It certainly is a grey area! I think I will take out a new/additional policy as I feel uneasy taking the risk
I’ve emailed staysure to ask if they can confirm whether or not we’d be insured for a trip, if booked when FCDO ban was in place, I can’t see anything on their policy documents on the website. I’ll post the reply as soon as I hear back
KazMT60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

I phoned LV again. They confirmed that cancellation for our upcoming trip is covered, as it was originally booked before the pandemic. However, cancellation is not covered for our trip next May, as it was booked during the “all but essential travel” period. So probably have to look for something nearer the time.
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KazMT60 View Post
I’ve emailed staysure to ask if they can confirm whether or not we’d be insured for a trip, if booked when FCDO ban was in place, I can’t see anything on their policy documents on the website. I’ll post the reply as soon as I hear back
Oh I need a policy that covers us as I booked during travel ban. I need something that will cover extra accommodation if needed and flights home if one of us tests positive over there.
Will be interesting what stay sure say. Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I’m just looking on staysure and because my son will be 12 when we travel and had no vaccines he won’t be covered.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Staysure did confirm for me that trips booked whilst the FCDO Travel Advisory was in place will be covered. So I have booked an additional policy with them.

Barclays, who I have my annual policy with, will not give me that same assurance and the agent I spoke to, didn't think I would be covered.

Very difficult to get a straight answer and I may have wasted my money buying a new policy but I don't want to take the risk!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Staysure did confirm for me that trips booked whilst the FCDO Travel Advisory was in place will be covered. So I have booked an additional policy with them.

Barclays, who I have my annual policy with, will not give me that same assurance and the agent I spoke to, didn't think I would be covered.

Very difficult to get a straight answer and I may have wasted my money buying a new policy but I don't want to take the risk!
I'm having the same lack of assurance with Barclays so will be looking for an additional policy to cover the cancellation as that to me is the biggest risk especially as ever after holidays have made it clear on social media that they won't be able to help if you test positive before travel and that you would need to claim through insurance
Pascaltimon is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pascaltimon View Post
I'm having the same lack of assurance with Barclays so will be looking for an additional policy to cover the cancellation as that to me is the biggest risk especially as ever after holidays have made it clear on social media that they won't be able to help if you test positive before travel and that you would need to claim through insurance
Let us know if you find one please! I was looking at post office insurance and that looked good just need to make sure my unvaccinated son will be covered!
Old 7 Nov 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KazMT60
Earning More Ears

That’s great news from staysure, looks like that’s who I’ll go with then and cancel my Lloyds bank account insurance!
KazMT60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tanyabanya
Apprentice Imagineer

sorry to jump on this thread , we have lloyds travel insurance too through the bank account... been on hold over an hour trying to talk to someone ... can i just take out another travel insurance policy with say the post office for example? i know it sounds silly but is that allowed?
Caribbean Beach WDW 2015, California 2019
tanyabanya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tanyabanya View Post
sorry to jump on this thread , we have lloyds travel insurance too through the bank account... been on hold over an hour trying to talk to someone ... can i just take out another travel insurance policy with say the post office for example? i know it sounds silly but is that allowed?
Technically having more than one policy means you should claim against both policies. Ideally you need to cancel so you don't overlap. Typically the reason I never take out annual insurance with my bank or company.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List