Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Personally I do find it quite worrisome that a school might be giving out private medical information to a parent. Wouldn’t this be a breach of gdpr. Yes the child has medical issues and needs protection but you can’t just ignore the law.
Well they also seem to be ignoring guidelines of when to get tested
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

UPDATE
This morning I received an email from the head giving their apologies for the mix up but his teacher’s cough isn’t a new one, its one that keeps returning since she had covid so they are thinking its long covid.

(When I picked Mason up he said his teacher could hardly talk and looked poorly)
I wasn’t sure where that left me with Mason so I emailed the IBD team & his consultants secretary for advice.
I am still waiting for a reply, however the school office has just rang to say a child in his class has tested positive today.
So I am keeping him off for now as its his infusion next week.

I also hope I haven’t made the school sound bad in anyway. Ours is such an unusual situation in unusual times. School and I are still on a learning curve with Masons health. My husband and I don’t know what to do for the best for him half the time which is an awful feeling. We want him safe first and foremost but we also want him to have a good education and interaction with his peers because he really struggles with social interactions. Staying home with me isn’t helping his poor communication skills if that makes sense.
I know his current teacher, she taught my daughter and she is an incredible teacher, very focused and the children definitely do well. I certainly would not disrespect or disregard her teaching.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
UPDATE
This morning I received an email from the head giving their apologies for the mix up but his teacher’s cough isn’t a new one, its one that keeps returning since she had covid so they are thinking its long covid.

(When I picked Mason up he said his teacher could hardly talk and looked poorly)
I wasn’t sure where that left me with Mason so I emailed the IBD team & his consultants secretary for advice.
I am still waiting for a reply, however the school office has just rang to say a child in his class has tested positive today.
So I am keeping him off for now as its his infusion next week.

I also hope I haven’t made the school sound bad in anyway. Ours is such an unusual situation in unusual times. School and I are still on a learning curve with Masons health. My husband and I don’t know what to do for the best for him half the time which is an awful feeling. We want him safe first and foremost but we also want him to have a good education and interaction with his peers because he really struggles with social interactions. Staying home with me isn’t helping his poor communication skills if that makes sense.
I know his current teacher, she taught my daughter and she is an incredible teacher, very focused and the children definitely do well. I certainly would not disrespect or disregard her teaching.
I have not commented before but wanted to say I hope you are ok? It is such a difficult situation for you all round. I hope the next 10 days fly by as well x
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
I have not commented before but wanted to say I hope you are ok? It is such a difficult situation for you all round. I hope the next 10 days fly by as well x
Same thoughts here. And just wanted to add Floridatilly, don’t ever feel you should apologise, like everyone else you’re just trying to be the best Mum you can be, there’s nothing wrong with that. X
Old 11 Nov 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

I work in a school, and find it very hard to believe any member of staff goes to work with a high temperature... even before covid no-one would do that.

I'm also very concerned that the principal is passing on private information about a member of staff. If I knew my principal had done that I wouldn't be happy at all.

I'm not sure what the rules are for English schools, here in N.Ireland, most school staff are doing LF tests twice a week, if it comes back positive you then go for a PCR. You HAVE TO ISOLATE until you get those results back.
Here ATM it's taking anything from 12hrs to 24 hrs to get results. I know this as 3 colleagues have tested positive and 6 children in my class. We're not classed as close contacts which is mind boggling, so I'm currently doing LFT daily. I actually have had a cold since last Thursday, stuffy nose, headaches and tired, but no covid symptoms per the government guidelines.. however I done a LFT and it was negative.
The PHA advice here is pathetic, staff or children in a school aren't classed as close contacts even though we're with them 6 hours a day in poorly ventilated rooms and in our young class the children are picking noses, coughing, sneezing Runny noses and wiping their noses with their hands or on their sleeves. And it's no coincidence that our positive cases have came just under a week after Halloween.

2 of my colleagues tested negative on a PCR test last Tuesday after being contacted by track and trace at Halloween... they then done their LFT as usual on the Wednesday night, negative, one started having symptoms during Saturday night, and the other had a temperature on Sunday afternoon... both LF tests came back positive on Sunday afternoon and they couldnt get a PCR test until Monday afternoon... one got their results on Monday morning at 11am, the others came back at 5pm Monday evening.
If there is a positive case in the house and others are vaccinated or are under the age of 16 they don't have to isolate, they have to do a day 2 and day 8 PCR test.
Many children in our class tested negative on their day 2 test, some returned to school then we got word yesterday and today they have tested positive on their day 8 tests. So those few children who weren't kept at home have been spreading the virus across the classroom. Thankfully most of the parents were responsible enough to keep their children at home.

As for staff wearing masks... teachers and assistants have never been required to wear masks in the classrooms. Because they are in their "bubble" but they have to be worn in communal areas such as corridors, dinner halls, toilets etc.

However wearing masks to teach is impossible... it makes it hard to hear, and many children depend on being able to see your mouth when teaching especially for phonics, languages etc.
But if every teacher and assistant were to take days off to take PCR tests they'd be aswell closing schools again..
We can get sub teachers as it is. And you can't get sub classroom assistants for a day so some children esp 1-1 children would have to stay at home if they can't be cared for or no one is there to meet their needs.

As for LF tests not being used if showing symptoms, you can use them ... if its negative you carry on you business... as if you have civid, by the time you show symptoms the LF test will pick it up straight away, then you go for the PCR test to get it confirmed.

That's why you can phone up or go online and request free LF tests, to have at home incase you start showing symptoms.

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List