Mobile Christmas for students

We are visiting our daughter on Friday and taking her 1st of December treats:
Grinch pj’s
Grinch blanket
Mickey mason jar with straw
Advent calendar
Funny Christmas earrings
🧑≈🎄🎄🧑≈🎄🎄🧑≈🎄
I am also taking a 3ft pre lit white Christmas tree, pink baubles and white tinsel for her room.
She doesn’t come home until the 20th December and its going to be so strange having the build up to Christmas without her 😢
Anyone else missing their little ones ?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We are visiting our daughter on Friday and taking her 1st of December treats:
Grinch pj’s
Grinch blanket
Mickey mason jar with straw
Advent calendar
Funny Christmas earrings
🧑≈🎄🎄🧑≈🎄🎄🧑≈🎄
I am also taking a 3ft pre lit white Christmas tree, pink baubles and white tinsel for her room.
She doesn’t come home until the 20th December and its going to be so strange having the build up to Christmas without her 😢
Anyone else missing their little ones ?
Yes, missing both of mine. Dd19 coming for a flying visit on weekend around the 3rd as she's missing home and the dog... Dd20 will be 21 the following weekend so we are going to her to take her out for a meal, then she'll send us home with her Xmas "baggage" and follow by train after a week's celebrating with her housemates.

DD20 said last year "oh, I won't be home for the advent calendar..." which summed it all up and makes me emotional still...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I miss my daughter and we dropped her back yesterday, we went to Harrods and John Lewis London for Christmas bits and went to The Hard Rock Cafe on Friday. Went to the pub near her uni for dinner yesterday with poppy and it was lovely, We are going to be putting up the tree without her. She took a old tree of ours and decorations and they’ve put the tree up already. She said she’ll probably come back on the 18th dec and she has her advent calander but we usually go shopping loads which I’m going to miss!
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mine came home last week for a week promptly gave me and my youngest son what seems to be flu as we have been laid up for the week and has now gone back 😂
Old 15 Nov 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That will be us next year when eldest DS starts uni. Not looking forward to it !
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter has not been home sick at all, she is loving uni life. But tonight is the first time we witnessed a wobble because she said she doesn’t want to be away in December. 😢
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My daughter has not been home sick at all, she is loving uni life. But tonight is the first time we witnessed a wobble because she said she doesn’t want to be away in December. 😢
My daughter is doing better this year but comes home every month to see Poppy! 🤣
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Raiponce
Trying for More Ears

Our daughter is at university in Leeds (we live in France). She has finally received her letter from the prefecture to say she has to be there on Thursday to get her fingerprints taken etc to finalise her carte de séjour, so she is flying home tomorrow and back on Sunday. She is not happy at all about missing uni because she loves her course but she can't wait to see the dog and cats! I am so excited to see her again, its only been since August but it feels like forever!

She is coming home for Christmas on the 19th Dec, I can't wait but I am dreading the build up without her so trying to convince DH that we need to put the tree up this weekend while she is here! She has already said she will put her small tree up in her room so I am thinking why not do the rest!?

I have made up a homemade invisibobble advent calendar for her so she can take days 1 to 18 back with her to open there and will leave the last few days to open here.

Just keeping everything crossed that the trains are on time tomorrow and she manages OK on her own especially at the airport so she can get here OK!
Raiponce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I am so sorry for you mums but oh my those "children" are leading their best lives.
I am used to my empty nest now and glad my kids all have their own lives and are settled, but I still can't listen to "Slipping through my fingers" or "No charge" without tears.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ds2 returns home often, only £20 return on megabus. He will be home early December as uni shuts around the 9th on his course xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List