Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 30 Nov 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not sure how the series can continue. For our family it never really got going this year anyway. If it does restart are the “celebrities” going to pretend they haven’t spent the last few nights in nice comfy beds, having baths and showers and eating normal food ? The series is now pointless and just needs to be scrapped and ITV should come up with something completely new for next year.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Naughty boy certainly wasn't humiliated, his trial was pretty easy by their standards. Unfortunately ihis success inflated his already well inflated ego. It's his constant moaning and attention seeking that's ruining the show for me.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I have already given up, cannot abide the screeching, mainly from Frankie, the tasks are biased as to who does them, NB was let off lightly, then goes back to the castle acting like a hero, once we lost Richard, that was enough for me to lose interest.
Poor celebrity choice, selective tasks ( haven't had the medically exempt card played yet ) could anyone have seen Arlene doing the very first task of walking the plank, of course not.
IACGMOOH, time to call it a day.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I must be the only person enjoying this! I always love Ant and Dec, so funny (stupid but funny) and Naughty Boy - when he did his trial “woah woah woah” I couldn’t stop laughing! 🤣

Him and Arlene are very sweet together.
I’m still enjoying it!
One of my favourite programmes which I look forward too.
Settled down on fri night after work to watch it and it wasn’t there.
I was so disappointed lol as I hadn’t heard it had been cancelled.
Looking forward to tonight’s episode.
I passed by the castle on Sunday as I’m not far away and I keep my eyes peeled for Ant walking his dog when I’m out and about but not seen him.
When we were in Australia I even had a walk to the hotel where they all stay which my husband was so thrilled about,was going to see if we could go in for a drink but all the security outside was quite intimidating so didn’t bother.
Ant and Dec just make me laugh
Tracy x
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I agree with all the above. It should be scrapped, but it wont.

However, I will continue to watch, just so I can add this to the utter TV dross we have all had to endure during the last 18m. Its all part on the ongoing experience, to tell the gran kids one day.

It will make the eventual return to Australia so much more exciting.

Disney332
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Not sure how the series can continue. For our family it never really got going this year anyway. If it does restart are the “celebrities” going to pretend they haven’t spent the last few nights in nice comfy beds, having baths and showers and eating normal food ? The series is now pointless and just needs to be scrapped and ITV should come up with something completely new for next year.
I’m sure they will admit to it in the opening scene with ant & Dec. It doesn’t bother me. What are they supposed to do. Leave them exposed to the elements ?
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
I’m still enjoying it!
One of my favourite programmes which I look forward too.
Settled down on fri night after work to watch it and it wasn’t there.
I was so disappointed lol as I hadn’t heard it had been cancelled.
Looking forward to tonight’s episode.
I passed by the castle on Sunday as I’m not far away and I keep my eyes peeled for Ant walking his dog when I’m out and about but not seen him.
When we were in Australia I even had a walk to the hotel where they all stay which my husband was so thrilled about,was going to see if we could go in for a drink but all the security outside was quite intimidating so didn’t bother.
Ant and Dec just make me laugh
Tracy x
Was this chap in charge of security?

Disney332
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’m sure they will admit to it in the opening scene with ant & Dec. It doesn’t bother me. What are they supposed to do. Leave them exposed to the elements ?
That could have been the ultimate trial to be fair. 😂
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I agree with all the above. It should be scrapped, but it wont.

However, I will continue to watch, just so I can add this to the utter TV dross we have all had to endure during the last 18m. Its all part on the ongoing experience, to tell the gran kids one day.

It will make the eventual return to Australia so much more exciting.

Disney332
It wont be scrapped because of the advertising revenue - it has nothing to do now with a competition or viewers enjoyment. They rely on this programme bringing in big £

Maybe the first year it wont win so many awards ? One hopes so as its taking its loyal viewers as mugs and that doesn’t sit well with me . If viewers figures drop it will send the message
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

I think it’s several years past its sell by date tbh.
I reckon the Celebs now
(Celebs ha!) have been on a 2 week PR boot camp with their management team beforehand to ensure they are nice at all times.
“You could be the next face of Farmfoods, if you win it”.
“Oh, do you really think so?”.
“Well, no, but maybe Poundstretcher, might even get a gig turning the Xmas lights on in Turiff, they pay £85 but no travel expenses though”.

Gone are the days of when you got an old A or B list Hollywood star who’d hold court and tell tales, there were the confrontations, real laughter and tears, real apologies that were sincere after a proper fall out, or people falling out all together.
Ah, a more realistic view of life in the real world.
It used to have the potential for great car crash TV and thats what made it a success.
Now, they can take in ciggies, tooth brushes, botox, hairspray, make up etc…
Watered down dross is a phrase that springs to mind.

It’s as though the ITV execs have said, I know what will it better, lets make it a non confrontational game where no one looses and everyone taking part can be an inspiration for everyone watching as they overcome some uncomfortable obstacles.
The premise first dreamt up was…..lets get some real celebrities, take them out their comfort zone and see what happens.
I think it’s just contrived drivel now.

Remember the year when the starving contestants caught a wild rat and ate it?
Hats off to them, if I was starving in a jungle, I’d catch and eat a rat, that’s what you’d do to keep hunger at bay.
But apparently some people got upset about it?
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List