Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jan 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

Busy times - genie+ and paid LL

It’s all new to me and I’ve been catching up via a few threads. I’m of the old fast pass generation where you booked your 3 rides per day 90 days out and planned your day around it.

This book your ride at park opening if you’re offsite seems like a really stressful way to start the day. If you’ve booked your park (don’t like this either) and can’t get a ride, in your head you’re screwed!

And rope drop sounds like it’s not an option to get stuff done without a genie+ now as well.

I am a planner and I’m thinking I need to absolutely change my mindset to minimal planning or I’ll be demented by the end of the holiday.

I’m thinking later starts (sounds like no point in doing rope drop) enjoy the ambience and shows and less popular rides. And use the free genie to see if anything Good has a short stand by.

Might pay for the stuff we haven’t yet done if we can’t get on it - Pandora, ratatouille.

Perhaps try to do the later half of the day instead of the first half and see if we have more luck with standbys

We are going mid July.

Am I mad with this approach? I really don’t want to be on my phone managing and planning all day.
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's still worth rope dropping MK as the left side of the park isn't open in early entry so you have no disadvantage being offsite. I rope dropped MK for an 8am open and did Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Haunted Mansion all as walk-ons, was already eating my Nutella waffle by 9am.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It's still worth rope dropping MK as the left side of the park isn't open in early entry so you have no disadvantage being offsite. I rope dropped MK for an 8am open and did Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Haunted Mansion all as walk-ons, was already eating my Nutella waffle by 9am.
That sounds good. I’d be happy with that 👍
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Definitely needs a different mindset but once we were there we really enjoyed the different approach. We made the most of joining the line at the end of the day for ILLs.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List