Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jan 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Unfortunately, this will be the case for my kids. Having been fortunate enough to have done Disney several times, they are just wanting to do HS as there have been changes since they were last there (2017), so I am planning on just buying them a 1-day pass. I will try to buy ILL, but if that doesn't work - all these extra tips will certainly help them make the most of their day there.
In which case I wouldn't risk leaving it until the end of the day if it is a must do for you.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
There’s lots of videos on YouTube, Molly at all ears.net explains it well.
Yeah I've watched molly allears but still don't quite get it.
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We arrived at HS just after 5pm the other day. We did Rise (advertised 90 mins queue, was about half that), Smugglers Run (again, about half advertised wait time), Slinky Dog (dead on at 65 mins) and Mickey and Minnie's (about 20 mins) and walked out the Chinese Theatre to hear the last few fireworks, and Mickey saying see you real soon.

No genie plus, no lightning lanes, no skipping. In fact, we've generally found we get more done in the last few hours than earlier in the day!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

I'm only planning 1 day at Disney with the kids end Apr, beginning May and want to do HS as its my favourite... our plan was May 4th obviously but my head is banging with all the hints,tips,rules... things to do, things not to do... to me it doesn't make for an enjoyable day. My thoughts are maybe now not to do May 4th although I don't really want to miss maybe the only chance of going to HS on this date... probably rude not to. Obviously we will want to do ROTR but because we are off site I think we would go later and stay till end. To be fair I totally doubt boys will go on TOT (as much as I would love to), or RnR... to be fair, eldest actually just wants to go to build a lightsaber and I really don't think I can justify entry for that, unless they could do that elsewhere and we play it by ear over there... if have enough, can always buy 1 day ticket through MDE online.

I think I would much rather pay to stay 1 night in Loews to get 2 days express passes at Universal... than 1 day in HS to build a frigging lightsaber lol... but I do love HS and dunno when I will be back aaarrgghh lol.

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Viola13 View Post
This may be a daft question but if the park closes at 9 is that when the queue closes? So getting there at 8.45 would mean we could still ride? I have never taken notice before as we planned using FP so managed to do what we needed. Like you Disney, we may do one early, one late 🙂
We had always used FPs so never bothered risking jumping in line at the end of the night. As FPs have gone we used it lots this time and rode Rise 4 times and FoP once this way. Rise took 30 minutes and FoP 70, just before Xmas.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
the main question is "do you want to do RotR"? If the answer is "yes" then you have two choices. If you are staying onsite then get in at rope drop and RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN. Following that enjoy the day.

The second choice is right at the end of the day. Get in the queue and enjoy yourself anyway, you would have been following the crowds out at the end of the day and waiting in a queue for buses, this way the queue is nicer and the buses will be empty when you get out.

My preference is end of day, due to any queuing in early entry is valuable, you can do quite a bit in that time. We are using the buses so I would rather queue in a ride than queue for a bus. Plus you get some nicer emptier night park pictures on the way out :-)
I’m leaning towards queueing for ROTR at night for this reason.
No chance of me running in the morning with my dodgy knees 🤣
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We nicknamed it "crush queuing" on account of the queuing at DLP for crush's coaster. The queue for that is capacity all day from drop drop until the bitter end. So the only real way to get on quickly is to run at extra magic hours and get in.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This whole amazing thread has turned my WDW touring upside down!

For many. many years i've been getting up in the dark to make 'rope drop'. Oh how I would beat the kids with a set of 'Mickey Ears' to make them get up early with cries of 'Do you know how much this trip has cost and if you think we're going to miss ANY ride, you're sadly mistaken! '.
Well on this next trip in Sept/Oct (solo) I'm going to pitch up at the end of the day. Yes! Let's turn this trip on it's head!
Thanks all!. x

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List