Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

To Disney or not to Disney? That is the question!

So we are hoping we get to Orlando this August after 2 years of cancellations, but now unsure about the Disney parks.

We only bought tickets for Universal, SeaWorld and Busch 3 years ago and had the idea we'd add Disney at a later date as we were hopeful there would be a release of 3 day passes or we would park hop. The kids are all teenagers and more interested in the bigger thrills of the non Disney parks, but had some rides on their wishlist at Disney too. This is likely to be our last visit for a few years, so do we attempt Disney or not?

I've seen so many negative reviews on the parks now, the new Genie app being a hindrance and no longer being able to park hop...or has that changed again? For the want of seeing Star Wars, Avatar and riding a few big name rides is it worth the $$$$ these days?

Any thoughts would be appreciated xx
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked for Aug, moved from last year and have Disney and Universal tickets however i must say I am really nervous about Disney now and thinking sounds more stressful than fun.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post

I've seen so many negative reviews on the parks now, the new Genie app being a hindrance and no longer being able to park hop...or has that changed again? For the want of seeing Star Wars, Avatar and riding a few big name rides is it worth the $$$$ these days?

Any thoughts would be appreciated xx
You can park hop. You have to have a park reservation at one park and you must have entered that park during the day, but you can then park hop to any other park after 2pm if there is availability in that park. I haven’t heard of anyone who hasn’t managed to get into another park when they’ve park hopped due to lack of availability
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For what it's worth, I think you could have plenty to do with the tickets that you already have, on our last cancelled holiday we didn't have Disney passes & were not sure that we would have bothered! I would consider that as well as park entry, those bigger rides are either pay fors or be willing to wait in long queues in particular Rise & FOP. Personally I think Disney is getting to the point that it's just too expensive, at a push I'd consider a 1 day for MK & a 1 day Hopper for AK/HS, for the latter consider buying ILLS for Rise & maybe Genie+ for the whole day as you can use it in both parks.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Honestly - yes Genie is an expensive pain for a family and especially if not staying on site. I’m solo and on site, but I’m truly loving Disney this time ! Its like seeing an old friend after many years. RR, Remy, FOP and Mickey and Minnie train are beyond amazing. Like out of this world - sooo good !

Velociraptor at Universal - OMG - I sat at the front and was simply too frightened to go on it again. Your teens will love it ! Lol
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going in August with 2 teens (16 & 14) and we have bought a 2 day base ticket, and have an outstanding 1 day base ticket left from 2019. Last time we did 1 x AK day, 2 x HS and MNSSHP. 14 day tickets are wasted as we wont visit the parks more than once, wont do the Disney waterparks as prefer VB & Aquatica.

Will do a day at HS/AK/MK and not bother with Epcot. Because we only have the 3 days, I am willing to pay for Genie + and will pay for the main rides if the queues are ridiculous. We have 3 nights onsite at POP! Century, so will do HS/AK then and MK later on in the holiday with friends when they get off their cruise. My teens are happy to do Disney still, for a bit of family fun & to keep me happy, so as long as they know they do have to do it for 14 days in a row, they're more than happy!

We also have Universal 3 park tickets (have 2 nights onsite at HRH) and Discovery Cove non swim 3 park tickets so have plenty to keep us occupied aswell as the beach/shopping/villa chilling.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

We usually do Disney but for the next trip have just bought a day hopper and will do HS/EPCOT. Only because we haven’t seen Galaxy’s Edge otherwise I wouldn’t bother. As it’s only a day, I’ve booked on-site for the night before, bought genie+ and will buy a LL for ROR and Remy. Basically do everything I can to maximise the limited time we’ve got but I’ll be honest and say I’m glad it’s just a day in Disney & I never ever thought I’d say that. I’ve done the Disney parks to death over the years & much as I like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere, is the ticket price worth it now when factoring in the need to queue for every ride or alternatively throw more money at them? For us, no it isn’t. It’s supposed to be fun and for the most part people just seem stressed about it all. Plus queuing for an hour for a coffee and needing to book mobile order lunch slots at 9am seem commonplace these days & although I accept those issues are likely to be short term staffing issues it doesn’t help the situation. Never say never but we’re unlikely to buy Disney tickets again unless things change for the better, theres just so much else to do.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Honestly - yes Genie is an expensive pain for a family and especially if not staying on site. I’m solo and on site, but I’m truly loving Disney this time ! Its like seeing an old friend after many years. RR, Remy, FOP and Mickey and Minnie train are beyond amazing. Like out of this world - sooo good !

Velociraptor at Universal - OMG - I sat at the front and was simply too frightened to go on it again. Your teens will love it ! Lol
Enjoy it...

Old 22 Jan 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

We have never done Orlando without Disney, and are quite Disney obsessed. However for our next trip I am seriously thinking about giving Disney a miss. I find the new Disney genie a total rip off and think Disney’s values are changing and they don’t match mine.

So I have my universal tickets and I will visit Disney springs for a little taste of Disney feel, but think I will give their parks a miss
Old 22 Jan 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tornxhearts
I want to go now!

We are considering just getting discovery cove unlimited tickets with sea world, Busch gardens and Aquatica. Also wanting to do Kennedy space centre and beach days.

We were originally just going to Disney with this trip the same as our last trip in 2019 but with all the changes and extra cost on top of the already extortionate ticket costs we are seriously thinking of giving it a miss, the only reason we keep having doubts is because our youngest is only 5 but i know we will have an amazing holiday even if we don't do Disney
Tornxhearts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List