Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Apr 02, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you don't mind me posting my Trip Reports here as well as on the Dis, please let me know if there's a problem.

MINUTES OF ASTRID'S WDW MEETING
Held Between Monday 11th and Wednesday 27th March 2002

Preliminary Notes

1. Present: Astrid - Chairman and Treasurer
Bryn (9) - Junior Partner
Carys (6) - Trainee (but learning fast! )

2. Apologies: None (not having any of those this year!! )

3. Treasurer's Report: After discussion with her bank manager Astrid felt the only course of action was to use all hard earned savings and also rely heavily on Messrs Visa and Mastercard who informed her they were more than happy for this cause of action, however, warned that massive heart failure might occur shortly after return from Meeting when little white envelopes were delivered by the postman.

4. Preliminary Notes: Having had a trip to Walt Disney World in March 1999 and in March 2001 initially the grand Astrid plan was not to indulge again for a number of years. However, various friends who had already booked trips to All Star Music for March 2002 conspired against me, and, on looking at money saved and the poor deprived faces of my younger employees I decided to throw caution to the wind and book once again.

The Members of the Dis Board did nothing to disuade me from this decision and in fact I will go so far as to say they encouraged me wholeheartedly and suggested various methods to appropriate the aforementioned booking at the cheapest possible price. Hence, in September 2001 all paperwork was completed and flights and rooms booked via Virgin Travelstore.

As time to departure drew nearer various sub-meetings were scheduled including the Robinson Family (ie. Illuminations Cruise, Cirque de Soleil and O'hanas) and a further lunchtime meeting with Bovril was also diaried.

The Dis Board Members increased the glee on the faces of Messrs Visa and Mastercard by suggesting that staying at the Hilton Gatwick the night before takeoff and also upgrading to Premium Economy were both excellent ideas, and who am I to argue with those who obviously know better!

Departure was scheduled for Monday 11th March at 2.30 having subjected Bryn and Carys to a morning at school whilst I ran around like a headless chicken completing all those tasks that are essential before leaving on holiday - finding passports, sitting on the suitcases and willing them to close and cleaning the loo! I decided to pack Carys's car seat as this would give additional room on the way home for any purchases made and so not have the need to buy any new luggage (ha ha de ha, who really did I think I was kidding with that statement! ).

3pm and we were loaded and away. David (Bryn & Carys's Dad), took us to the Hilton Gatwick and suffice to say there was excitement oozing out of the car windows as we whizzed up the M3 and around the M25! We all had a look around the hotel and decided it was more than sufficient for our needs overnight. Bryn and Carys shared the triple bed whilst I had the single (huh, and I thought I was Chairperson on this trip! ). We waved goodbye to David and then skipped happily over to the airport which was a mere 4 minutes walk away.

An early dinner was taken at Garfunkels in the airport and we smiled at the red carpet leading up to the Virgin Premium Economy check-in - we'd be there soon!! Into bed at an unearthly hour (well, the sooner you go to bed the sooner the morning begins! ) and after a long excited chat with my best mate Terri who I'd be seeing in WDW the following week, it was time for zzzzzzzzzzz and dreams of Mickey Mouse!

Astrid x

NB. Apologies in advance if there is a long gap between Meeting Reports - my shorthand takes a while to decipher!!
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 02, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
don't you dare apologise Astrid! I've been waiting AGES for these!!! .  .
Old 28 Apr 02, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

We don't mind Astrid, we like having plenty to read.

.  .  .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 02, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

I like your style Astrid! .
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 02, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thoroughly enjoyed part one, although I did manage to boob and read part two first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 May 02, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Wonderful - vote of confidence in the Board of Directors

absolutely LOL -  .

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 02, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start Astrid
I'm reading all your reports the wrong way round  .
fun to read thanks for shareing .  .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List