Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Aug 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Whatever it takes...June 2019 Trip Report - Day 3

Tuesday 18th June

We slept until 6.30am this morning, and must have needed it. We got up and got ready for our first visit of the holiday to the Magic Kingdom. There was a bus waiting at the stop when we got down to the front of the resort – love a bit of good bus luck!

We were soon walking up Main Street (cue pixie dust in my eyes!) in the sunshine – we were so happy to be here! Walking up Main Street never gets boring.

We had a good run of rides this morning – Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World and then our first FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I wasn’t sure where the new ride photo was on the Haunted Mansion – and here is the evidence! My eye still wouldn’t stop watering.

We were feeling peckish when we got off, and decided to get a snack from the marketplace in Liberty Square. We got a snack pack of celery and carrots with ranch dressing to share, which just filled a gap until lunchtime.

We took a slow walk towards our next FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain, and spent some time watching Splash Mountain from the bridge. I thought I spotted one of our friends out of the corner of my eye, and a few minutes later the whole family showed up! We had a catch up in the shade – they were envious of our handheld fans, and we were envious of their frozen lemonades! They were having a great time, and we made plans to meet up again for the Disney Lunch Club (aka getting together fr coffee – something we do together in the UK) later in the holiday. They had a FP+ for Pirates of the Caribbean, so we parted ways and headed for Big Thunder Mountain. Whilst we both like this ride, the queue is awful on hot days – very claustrophobic and cramped.

We got off this ride and refreshed our cooling towels, before snagging a FP+ in 10 minutes time for Pirates of the Caribbean. It was nice and cool in the ride, which we were very grateful for as it was absurdly hot this morning.

It was now lunchtime, and looking at the forecast we decided to head to Cosmic Rays to eat undercover. I went in to order, and Dave got a table for us. I think it took about 20 minutes before I reappeared with two orders of nuggets, and Dave had spent that time defending the table and two chairs as the heavens had now opened. We sat and ate, then got a FP+ for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, and moved on from our table to allow someone else to sit down.

The rain was still pretty heavy after we had ridden, so we decided to call it a day. Our friends were 40 minutes into a 2 hour queue for Space Mountain so at least they were dry! Of course, the rain stopped as we got to the bus stop, but such is life! We wanted to freshen up anyway, and did so when we got back to the hotel. We both called home for a catch up, before thinking about getting some tea.

The forecast was still looking ominous, so we decided to have a mooch round the All Star Resorts and have some tea there too. Umbrellas in hand, we walked all the way to All Star Movies first of all, and decided to stop for tea. We both had orange chicken with veg and rice which was lovely. The food court didn’t feel as clean as All Star Sports somehow – it had a carpet and was full of guests flouting the two rules that Disney have about food courts – shirt and shoes!

Food consumed, the umbrellas went back up and we walked through All Star Movies to All Star Music, and Dave took some great shots with his new camera. The theming of these resorts is really well thought out – I was actually prepared not to be keen on it, but I really did think it was great. I really liked the Broadway section in All Star Music – that was very much my cup of tea!

With the thunder rumbling behind us, we settled down in our room with a warm drink, the rest of our chocolate covered pretzels and America’s Got Talent.

Steps: 17244
Food Cost: $51.26
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We were supposed to be staying at All-Star Movies this year but it made sense to move to a moderate with free dining, I think the theming looks awesome and I am sad we are going to miss it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We were supposed to be staying at All-Star Movies this year but it made sense to move to a moderate with free dining, I think the theming looks awesome and I am sad we are going to miss it.
Absolutely does make sense for Dining! The theming is ace though
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List