Notices

Old 9 Aug 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

New plan for 2022 - Sep - fingers and toes crossed

Last plan was for June 2020... having done WDW a few times and Disneyland/California holidays a few times and both in one before (the best!) we decided to plan one with the grandparents who were delighted (they have only done vegas before as their US holidays)

So we had it all planned out with 5 days in Grand californian hotel then up to Yosemite via sequoia and then monterey, pismo and back to LA. Fell foul of Thomas cook first (refund) booked again with air NZ but then like everyone else trip that all had to be cancelled.

Last trip was to be straight after GCSE and A level exams and next planning to be before university starts!

It has taken a while to muster the enthusiasm to plan and the 50th celebration offer swung it for us!

My mum and dad (it was to be their 70th birthday celebration how) are delighted to just be planning a trip (she is confident that I am main planner and just happy to be planning to go on a trip with all of us!)

Currently just have POR booked for 14 nights with the offer and waiting to book flights, we can be flexible on when we fly as long we we are back before uni terms start and so will be looking at all different options for flights when they are released in Oct. I have looked at the fly drive options currently available with BA and TUI and coming out around £850 each economy is a crazy price so we will wait it out. Also thinking of adding some DVC nights into the mix and depending on where we fly in/out planning a mini road trip. (May do Miami as airport and have an everglades trip and/or up to cocoa beach and Kennedy Space centre as well) Always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom so we will see if we can rent points and book a few nights (or at the grand Floridian) but we adore riverside and we love the laid back atmosphere.

We usually do mornings at the park and afternoons around the pool and then back to parks some evenings for dinner & fireworks. As my parents will be with us we will have to pace it out! Also will need a mobility scooter!

Lastly need to plan for our 25th wedding anniversary whilst we are there so a nice table for 2 to remember !

I have MDE up and running so can see my tickets and hotel reservation and my countdown is active!

Let the planning commence! :

6 of us (ages 18-72 when we go)
To book:

Flights
extra nights hotel depending on route
DVC
Airport hotels
Doggy hotel for our precious fur baby
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Sounds like an amazing trip and how wonderful to go with your parents. I'd love to go with mine, but they won't fly long haul now.

Bring on the planning it will be here before you know it!
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Girlw0nder View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip and how wonderful to go with your parents. I'd love to go with mine, but they won't fly long haul now.!
My parents will do long haul but only consider PE so we may be sitting separately from them in the coach seats! I hope we manage to get them there!

They are visiting this weekend so lots of planning to do and gives us lots to talk about!
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by samhartwell View Post
My parents will do long haul but only consider PE so we may be sitting separately from them in the coach seats! I hope we manage to get them there!

They are visiting this weekend so lots of planning to do and gives us lots to talk about!
Planning is sooo much fun, isn't it!

We all have our fingers crossed for next year! Fingers, toes, arms, legs...
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

No firm updates yet, still lots of options. Waiting on flights to be released but we have our preferred dates now that we want and airports to fly into. Once we have flights then will also be looking at DVC availability to rent points for a split stay.

Its all quite boring ... waiting... waiting... waiting!

I did order my unofficial WDW guidebook for later this year though so that's one for the christmas stocking!

Will post more when I have gone through the flight booking stresses!

DVC rental isn't so much of a concern as it won't matter if we don't get it - would just be the icing on the cake!

Sam
Old 31 Aug 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting.

We invited my parents on our trip in 2019. They were both 69 at the time, had travelled lots in USA but never been to Orlando. They had a brilliant time and my kids who were 15 and 13 at the time loved having them along. We had 14 nights at POFQ and 2 nights at RPR for the express passes. Took them to Discovery Cove as mum that swimming with dolphins on her bucket list. It was a fantastic trip...I did a trip report if you want to have a nose.

I hope you have a brilliant time with your parents next summer. I can't wait to read all your plans.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting.

We invited my parents on our trip in 2019. They were both 69 at the time, had travelled lots in USA but never been to Orlando. They had a brilliant time and my kids who were 15 and 13 at the time loved having them along. We had 14 nights at POFQ and 2 nights at RPR for the express passes. Took them to Discovery Cove as mum that swimming with dolphins on her bucket list. It was a fantastic trip...I did a trip report if you want to have a nose.

I hope you have a brilliant time with your parents next summer. I can't wait to read all your plans.
going to have peak at your report!
thanks
It will be great to read if there are differences going with grandparents . I think we will have to do a slower pace and half days !
Old 19 Sep 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Part 1 of 3 sorted yesterday - booked out outgoing reward seats for 4 of us (club world)

Just have to wait for the returns (and book my parents flight only in same class in a couple of weeks)

Fingers crossed!
Old 4 Oct 21, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Update

Flights all booked at 1.10am !

So relieved

Had to come back a day later as i couldnt get throuto BA on a sunday to book our returns (and couldnt use our FTV online ) and the reward seats had gone already whilst I was waiting on hold

Anyway everyone is happy to have an extra day !
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Update on my to do list!

Flights - booked (just keeping an eye on what format of plan gets switched as it was A350 and now 777 - not booked seats as we are CW so too much expense)
disney room booking amended dates

DVC - AKL 2 bed villa booked for 3 nights
thinking of maybe looking for a 1 or 2 night GF stay for hubs and me if it can be arranged
Airport hotels - not needed now just need to organise a minibus transfer to and from home to airport
Will need to also arrange airport transfers now at MCO nearer the time
Doggy hotel for our precious fur baby - all booked for our stay in a lodge with TV own outside run and webcam - not sure that we will want to watch the dog on holiday but you never know, I will book her for a 2 night stay this year before we go so she is used to it as its been a long time since she has been in kennels
also cat sitter booked!

Still to do:
ESTAs
ECV booking for mum
a few ADRs nearer the time (need to plan a list )
park pass days when we have a bit more of a plan
Hire car for 2nd week (we may do KSC)
airport transfers at for LHR and MCO to book

will come on and do a full intro to our family soon

hoping to have a get together with my mum and dad so we can discuss all things holiday related!

may even consider buying a couple of new suitcases this year!

Sam