Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You can get 3hour PCR tests but they are more expensive.
Sounds like it's going to cost more than dinner at the Cali Grill for those quick turnaround tests!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

We’ll be getting in to UK Monday morning. Looks like we’ve dodged a bullet 😎
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

They have literally doubled in price overnight that’s terrible
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
So what good reason why can I not use a test issued by our government for free?
I have two PCR kits on it way to me.
They are government approved surely so where is the problem on the basis I get the negative result?

As in my earlier post the government tests are not free, the tax payer has to pay for them, the UK has issued free tests to everyone in order to prevent further lockdowns but of course these tests cost the government millions.

Why should the tax payer pay for everyone’s Holiday tests?

People who choose to leave the country and require testing should pay for the own tests. My tax is due to rise in April as is everyone else’s in order to pay for the covid fiscal policy’s (that I have not received 1p of but that I agreed with) I don’t want a bigger tax increase to pay for millions of test for people to travel.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
As in my earlier post the government tests are not free, the tax payer has to pay for them, the UK has issued free tests to everyone in order to prevent further lockdowns but of course these tests cost the government millions.

People who choose to leave the country and require testing should pay for the own tests. My tax is due to rise in April as is everyone else’s in order to pay for the covid fiscal policy’s (that I have not received 1p of but that I agreed with) I don’t want a bigger tax increase to pay for millions of test for people to travel.
That is not the point. I’m not interested in personal whys and so on. The fact remains for what reason can I not use the kit I have ordered from the government or go to a local Covid testing point?

The kit I have ordered is government issue therefore should be fully compliant. It is disgusting that companies are profiteering out of this reaction.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
That is not the point. I’m not interested in personal whys and so on. The fact remains for what reason can I not use the kit I have ordered from the government or go to a local Covid testing point?

The kit I have ordered is government issue therefore should be fully compliant. It is disgusting that companies are profiteering out of this reaction.
It’s not personal why’s, would you expect the government to pay for your airport parking ? No so why should they pay for your test ?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

However I do agree that the government could offer a price for people to use the service with no profit on it for travel, providing they have the capacity.
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

I think the government are missing a trick with it they could do it at a reasonable cost and it would also bring in a little income xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post

But people in Wales have to show covid pass to go to nightclubs, which includes a negative lateral flow uploaded to the NHS website. Indeed when attending the England match in Middlesbrough earlier this year, my son was also obliged to upload an NHS test.
So where is the distinction- the taxpayer pays for NHS supplied tests for someone in Wales to go in a nightclub, or line an overpaid rock star’s pockets at a concert, but going on holiday, suddenly that’s not right you can use an NHS test?
That’s a difficult one. Of course, the UK holiday and aviation industry supports thousands of jobs.
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
But people in Wales have to show covid pass to go to nightclubs, which includes a negative lateral flow uploaded to the NHS website. Indeed when attending the England match in Middlesbrough earlier this year, my son was also obliged to upload an NHS test.
So where is the distinction- the taxpayer pays for NHS supplied tests for someone in Wales to go in a nightclub, or line an overpaid rock star’s pockets at a concert, but going on holiday, suddenly that’s not right you can use an NHS test?
That’s a difficult one. Of course, the UK holiday and aviation industry supports thousands of jobs.
Great points, I also expect the government would like all that furlough money to stay in the uk ...

Edited at 04:30 PM.