Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Family advice

Hi, my inlaws who we have nothing to do with keep sending gifts to our kids but we have told them to stop but they won’t. Things are bwyond repair and my dh doesnt want any contact with them. Our dds are 7 & 2. My youngest doesnt know who they are and my oldest says she doesnt want gifts from them as they never see her. Anyway, the last present that was delivered my dh left it on their door step and yesterday another parcel was delivered. Again dh is going to leave it on their door step. Is there anything we can do? His mum Is a total control freak and extremely manipulative and wants the final say in everything.

Thanks
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Just pop them into your bin if useless or donate to charity shop if can be used by someone else - no point returning them if all it does is score points
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Charity shop or Christmas toy collection?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I would go with Christmas toy collection. B&M and Tesco do them
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Tell the kids they are from you or Santa, stick them in the charity box at the supermarket or sell them on Facebook and stick the money in the kids accounts for the future.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

Unless your in laws are a risk to the children it sounds as though you are being the manipulative one, not the in laws. Subject to the at risk comment, it is very nasty to use your children to hurt others and not allow them to have contact with their grandparents.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Donate to a local children's ward at Christmas. Save them up through the year and get the kids involved so They are aware of children less fortunate.

Take care of yourselves. This obviously want an easy decision so be kind to yourselves xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

B&M or Salvation Army
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Unless your in laws are a risk to the children it sounds as though you are being the manipulative one, not the in laws. Subject to the at risk comment, it is very nasty to use your children to hurt others and not allow them to have contact with their grandparents.
Guess you need to know the whole story before saying this really.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Guess you need to know the whole story before saying this really.
Yes, we could not have tried any harder over the past 7.5 years to get them to have a relationship with my kids. They want the title of grand parents but they have never wanted TO BE grandparents. They think sending gifts is being grandparents. My husband is completely gutted at the situation but when they tell u to your face how much time they spend with his nieces and what they do with them etc it is nothing but a kick in the teeth for dh especially. I can guarantee we have exhausted all avenues. I wont say any more on the situation but i can guarantee i am not the manipulative one in this situation. Dh will be taking the gifts back again, he doesnt want them thinking we will accept things off them. Any other circumstances and we would normally donate unwanted gifts to charity.
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List