Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Having just come back I’d say get on holiday and live your life, and whilst easier said than done, quit worrying.
I had Paris booked (ironically, as the easier option compared to the US!) well before I ended up booking Florida for November, so not too bothered about skipping this one. Eyes set on California now, just waiting for the MSEP dates.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Omicron has a tiny death rate. It’s brilliant that it happened. Hopefully nothing more serious will now out compete it, and we should be hopefully approaching normality from Spring.
If Coronavirus mutated to become more deadly, the theory is the 4 that have been doing the rounds as part of the common cold for hundreds of years would also mutate up.
We may get Omicron mutating again to avoid immunity I suppose, but there’s only so far it can go and still be viable. This is just what I’m reading.
I’m really hopefully now we are in the end game.
Having just come back I’d say get on holiday and live your life, and whilst easier said than done, quit worrying.
Ha!
I would be away tomorrow if we were allowed in!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I definitely would of gone if we were allowed. Definitely feel more positive of our Orlando May trip that I did with this one.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I had Paris booked (ironically, as the easier option compared to the US!) well before I ended up booking Florida for November, so not too bothered about skipping this one. Eyes set on California now, just waiting for the MSEP dates.
My California is booked and DVC Grand Californian booked. Only 7 months to go.

Was looking at our Florida trip Xmas 2022 as well, but flight prices very high at the moment, may book the Universal hotel though, can’t book Vero Beach DVC until 7 months out.
Old 7 Jan 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Still jealous of that VGC booking YT. Might end up there around the same time, but hoping MSEP is on for a decent run length this time so can push back to September.
Old 7 Jan 22, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Still jealous of that VGC booking YT. Might end up there around the same time, but hoping MSEP is on for a decent run length this time so can push back to September.
I can’t remember now, have you got DVC? I’ve got 7 nights booked but plan to drop 3 so if you are DVC I could drop it early morning so you could book the 3 days as soon as freed up if you want. 1 bed though so it’s a lot of points (a week has cost me 388 points but I am booking Vero so need to free some up so cutting it to 4 nights).
Sorry we have gone off topic here in the Paris forum!

Edited at 11:04 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I can’t remember now, have you got DVC? I’ve got 7 nights booked but plan to drop 3 so if you are DVC I could drop it early morning so you could book the 3 days as soon as freed up if you want. 1 bed though so it’s a lot of points (a week has cost me 388 points but I am booking Vero so need to free some up so cutting it to 4 nights).
Sorry we have gone off topic here in the Paris forum!
I'm not DVC, but I appreciate the offer. GC is top of my bucket list, just a hard one to justify even with points rental!

Going off topic is fun sometimes
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Omicron has a tiny death rate. It’s brilliant that it happened. Hopefully nothing more serious will now out compete it, and we should be hopefully approaching normality from Spring.
If Coronavirus mutated to become more deadly, the theory is the 4 that have been doing the rounds as part of the common cold for hundreds of years would also mutate up.
We may get Omicron mutating again to avoid immunity I suppose, but there’s only so far it can go and still be viable. This is just what I’m reading.
I’m really hopefully now we are in the end game.
Lol, I'm not worried about Omicron, not remotely. Definitely living my life too, we've been abroad in 2020 and 2021, got no problem with going on holiday at all.

My worries are surrounding DLP restrictions and mask wearing as that would spoil the trip for us. We're now stuck in limbo until we know what's going on, something we have no control over so it is a worry, it was something we were all looking forward to. It's not going to ruin my life but it's the DLP planning forum so 🤷
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
Just about to book for the end of April. If you look at South Africa, their variant is levelling out and thats been around 8 weeks, so things should look better by the spring in europe as the peak is starting to hit now.

Hopefully some normality around early May.
Yes fingers crossed 🤞🏻 xx
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

We are booked for Feb half term, just deciding whether to cancel or not.

May use the money for Florida next year, its a shame as our youngest is 3 on 15th February (we come back on 13th Feb) - so shes pretty much free in terms of disney, looking later in the year the price is double what we got it for for feb half term.

Dissapointed with rides like its a small world being closed which I know my youngest will love, which makes cancelling a little easier (more than liklely we will)
gazza5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List