Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jan 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I expect this question has been answered somewhere but I’m not sure how to find it!

So I’m beginning to think that we will only buy the premium rides, and not the regular Genie + as I really do not remotely want to be tied to my phone all day - that’s not a holiday to me! But there are certain premium rides we will want to do & I will pay for those to ensure we can do them.

So, can you only book the premium rides for the park you are booked to visit? (We particularly like to park hop in the evening to ride certain rides in the dark - so I was just wondering whether you could say start the day in Epcot and then book the mine train for the evening - is it possible to do that?)
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I expect this question has been answered somewhere but I’m not sure how to find it!

So I’m beginning to think that we will only buy the premium rides, and not the regular Genie + as I really do not remotely want to be tied to my phone all day - that’s not a holiday to me! But there are certain premium rides we will want to do & I will pay for those to ensure we can do them.

So, can you only book the premium rides for the park you are booked to visit? (We particularly like to park hop in the evening to ride certain rides in the dark - so I was just wondering whether you could say start the day in Epcot and then book the mine train for the evening - is it possible to do that?)
That is possible, though you can only book two rides per day, so you'd have to book one in one park and one in another (assuming you want to), you can't book two in one park and then two in another.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
That is possible, though you can only book two rides per day, so you'd have to book one in one park and one in another (assuming you want to), you can't book two in one park and then two in another.
Oh thank you, I didn’t remember it was two, so that’s a bonus (I haven’t really got my head around it all yet as we aren’t travelling until august!)

So can you select the time you want for the premium rides? (I think I read somewhere that with the regular Genie that you just get the next available time? That is something that certainly puts me off using it as well if that’s the case).
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Oh thank you, I didn’t remember it was two, so that’s a bonus (I haven’t really got my head around it all yet as we aren’t travelling until august!)

So can you select the time you want for the premium rides? (I think I read somewhere that with the regular Genie that you just get the next available time? That is something that certainly puts me off using it as well if that’s the case).
I believe you are still given the next available time window. Do note that some of the very popular rides will go very fast, i.e ROTR, those that aren't so popular, i.e expedition everest, arguably aren't worth the extra.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I believe you are still given the next available time window. Do note that some of the very popular rides will go very fast, i.e ROTR, those that aren't so popular, i.e expedition everest, arguably aren't worth the extra.
That’s a shame, but really helpful to know so thank you 👍
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For ILLS, you can choose the time from the available windows, similar to how FP+ was. But some go so quickly that I think it's turned in to whatever time you can get.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

At least with the old paper fastpass you needed to go to the ride on the day. As far as fairness goes that was fair. Granted, you sometimes get some queues for a fastpass that outweigh the queues for the ride.

I love pulling this picture from a toy story mania paper fast pass queue :

kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We’re here at the moment during a historically quiet time of year - not anymore. HS was absolutely packed yesterday afternoon. I did however book a ILL for Rise. Online at 7am, they didn’t release them until 7:13. Then I had a choice of times from 9:30am. I wanted the afternoon so was able to choose 4pm. I think they were all gone within the hour.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
We’re here at the moment during a historically quiet time of year - not anymore. HS was absolutely packed yesterday afternoon. I did however book a ILL for Rise. Online at 7am, they didn’t release them until 7:13. Then I had a choice of times from 9:30am. I wanted the afternoon so was able to choose 4pm. I think they were all gone within the hour.
I'd imagine Martin Luther King day probably affects towards the end of this week. But otherwise it normally is a quieter time of the year to visit for sure!
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireRose View Post
I realise I'm in the minority but we are proof that you don't have to pay for Genie+ to do all the top rides because we were there 14-28 Dec arguably the busiest time of year and did everything we wanted. We went on the presumption that we may have to pay but it wasn't needed. I think if you're trying to fit your old experiences and plans into the new system and ways of working you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. If we go again I will save extra money in case we need to pay for Genie+ and enjoy every minute of the holiday for whatever it is at that time.
This sounds like us. We will be going expecting to maybe have to pay for some rides but don't plan on using Genie + unless we feel like we have to. I wouldn't enjoy a holiday that's planned so rigidly, as I prefer to just go with the flow and just enjoy being there. Even the idea of the old Fasspass + system and having to book rides so far in advance didn't appeal to me.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List