Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

What parks?

We only did magic kingdom and animal kingdom on our recent visit. 2 days at magic and 1 at animal kingdom. Tbh we wasn't that impressed with animal kingdom. The only things the kids really enjoyed was the lion King show and Pandora. On our next visit im thinking magic kingdom and Hollywood studios. Is Hollywood studios good for a 5 year old and a 14 and 15 year old? If you only had a few days maybe what disney parks would you do? I def think we want a couple of days at magic kingdom.
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would say take a look at the rides at HS and see if they appeal. It's quite a frustrating park to navigate at the moment because demand is high. If you've got Star Wars fans though, I would put it on the list as that area is very well done and all the fans I know love it.

FWIW, I spent about two hours there last trip and that was enough for me. If I didn't love the Frozen show so much (it's very funny) then I probably wouldn't bother at all. I don't like Star Wars, obviously.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Animal Kingdom is my favourite park! I love the theming, how much more relaxing it feels than Magic Kingdom and DHS, and some of my favourite Disney rides are there (FoP, Everest, Dinosaur.) Lion King show and Kite Tails are good too.

Yes I think Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios would be good choices for children of those ages. But Hollywood Studios is perhaps the most difficult park to get everything done in since it’s super popular with Rise of the Resistance and doesn’t have that many rides overall. I would suggest planning what you want to do there and reading some of the threads on here / watching YouTube videos eg All Ears about how to navigate DHS. And you might need to consider ILL purchases for RotR and / or Genie+ to get everything done in the park that you’d like to, unless you’re on-site with early entry or can rope drop / stay to close.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I would say take a look at the rides at HS and see if they appeal. It's quite a frustrating park to navigate at the moment because demand is high. If you've got Star Wars fans though, I would put it on the list as that area is very well done and all the fans I know love it.

FWIW, I spent about two hours there last trip and that was enough for me. If I didn't love the Frozen show so much (it's very funny) then I probably wouldn't bother at all. I don't like Star Wars, obviously.
Agree re frustration as I’ve said above and elsewhere.

The Frozen show is top notch, completely underrated .

Edited at 07:48 PM.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Animal Kingdom is hands down our favourite park! It's like a little world of it's own. There is so much to see/do with rides, shows, food, the animals and generally just the relaxed vibe of the park. We also love Hollywood Studios, BUT, there is so much to do and it seems to be getting busier and busier on every visit. I would say it's worth a visit but needs to be very well planned out. If you like Star Wars it's great (Me & DS not fans, but DH & DD are) but we do love Toy Story Land. I have to say I am dreading the crowds in August. We only have a 3 day ticket (missing out Epcot) so need to come up with a savvy plan!

Another one who loves the Frozen sing a long, it's hilarious and full of subtle innuendos that little ones have no idea about!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

HS has traditionally not been the most favourite park for many but it’s always been our favourite by far. It was our favourite as adults and it was our sons favourite at 4yo. Yes, it’s never been a great park to navigate, it gets a bit more congested and crowded, but our highlights include:

IMO it’s the best park for rides - RnR coaster, ToT, the Star Wars rides, toy story mania and other toy story rides, Runaway rollercoaster
Shows - beauty and the beast, frozen, fantastic, little mermaid
Food - probably some of the most interesting dining choices
Plus some great character meets you just don’t get in the other parks

This is all my view of course!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

all marmite, look at what rides or shows are in the parks, look at the relative queues for them (and tolerances to queueing) then see if that works. Dont be afraid to consider park hop especially on longer opening days.

We love Epcot as a "just wander around" park. We dont do that many rides in Epcot but love the feel. AK is a "half park" for us, typically first thing. The last time we did HS it didnt have galaxy edge so that will be new to us - we intend having a morning and late evening in HS with a midday break at the pool. MK is usually a "full day" park for us taken slowly in the middle of the day (shows and picnics etc)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I think HS is a good fit, especially if your family like star wars, it has some of the best rides in Disney. If I could only choose to visit two parks it would be MK and HS, followed then by AK and Epcot.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List