Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 22, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Memorial Day weekend

We will be in Orlando for Memorial Day weekend. We have been on that weekend before and I remember being in Epcot and it being so busy that we couldn’t get any rides done at all (we left after about 3 hours).
We are leaving Orlando on Wednesday 1st June, and I don’t think we have enough time to not do any parks Sat-Mon, so my questions would be:

- Will some parks be less busy than others? I.e. Animal Kingdom, water parks, universal?
- Will Tuesday 31st May be more back to normal crowd levels?
- Are the shopping malls and restaurants also busy that weekend?
- Is Disney Springs worth considering? We could get there for opening then go back to the villa after lunch?
- What would you do? 😀
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
We will be in Orlando for Memorial Day weekend. We have been on that weekend before and I remember being in Epcot and it being so busy that we couldn’t get any rides done at all (we left after about 3 hours).
We are leaving Orlando on Wednesday 1st June, and I don’t think we have enough time to not do any parks Sat-Mon, so my questions would be:

- Will some parks be less busy than others? I.e. Animal Kingdom, water parks, universal?
- Will Tuesday 31st May be more back to normal crowd levels?
- Are the shopping malls and restaurants also busy that weekend?
- Is Disney Springs worth considering? We could get there for opening then go back to the villa after lunch?
- What would you do? 😀
I'm there over that weekend i have scheduled some park days worse case we will rope drop spend a few hours then hit the hotel pool.

We have a week either side at Disney though so we have plenty of time to get on rides on the other days if we don't manage to achieve as much
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

We’ll be there then too. It’s not supposed to be one of the busier US holidays but who knows with all the pent up demand.

I’m just planning on going to the parks as normal and hoping for the best!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

We have the week before to get most things done, but we will probably want to do at least one park day and one shopping day over that weekend.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We've done 4 memorial weekends and in all honesty we've never had an issue at all. We were there 2017 when Pandora opened over that period and even with that it was fine. We found the shops busier than the parks. You will find it stars to get busier from the Thursday and then on the Tuesday it gets quieter again.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princessb13
Proud to wear my Ears

We are there for it too and I've booked ak at the weekend, I've herd to avoid MK, HS and the waterparks x
Princessb13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

That weekend is the middle of our hols so I’ve planned Kennedy space centre, booked cirque de soleil and we then move to universal on Monday staying at hard rock so hoping the express passes will come in handy.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
koneko
Excited about Disney

Thank you for asking the exact question I was going to! I was thinking AK that weekend but wasn't sure what else. Going to avoid Epcot as there was a leak recently that Guardians may be opening that weekend!
First WDW Trip with the kids - June 2019
MAY/JUNE 2022 BOOKED - FINGERS CROSSED!
koneko is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List