Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Apr 02, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day can’t remember… of yes 4…. and its off to Typhoon lagoon I-Drive. Going to have to do this one in two parts I think.

So Score at the moment even Stevens Tanya 2 Amanda 2

Day 4 part 1

Ok so today we decide that after three days at theme parks we will head for Typhoon Lagoon, a personal favourite of mine. Because I have been sulking about not being able to drive my post, as chief navigator has been re-instated.  So Map in hand a full of confidence we head down the whatever road towards wdw, as we reach end of this road I tell Amanda to turn right, but oh no she knows best and turns left. No bearing in mind that on day one it took us about 1 hour to negotiate a trip to sizzler 10 minutes away and we did that via Typhoon Lagoon, you would think that todays trip would be easy peasy, well you would be wrong.  As we start to head left off of said road, it becomes clear that we are on the wrong road, two reasons, signs saying Airport and a toll road.  So down the toll road we head…. $1.00 later we head through the toll and turn right to come back down another toll road, Amanda at this stage points out that it’s nice to see more of the area…I glare…she covers her shins and keep’s quiet…and we sail through another toll road…Humph    they charge $1.25 to go back…. probably just for tourists who get lost.  Anyway we are now safely travelling down the correct road and we sail under the WDW sign, and are back on home territory. Know where we are now, easy from here………..WRONG…you know the saying Water Water everywhere but not a drop to drink…well in our case it was.signs signs everywhere but no a typhoon lagoon in sight…
“Go left here…ok go right here…no no that’s straight ahead then…..look mate you might be my senior at work but out here your just…………….quick  quick left left”

“oops”
“WHAT”
“how do you fancy the Animal Kingdom then”
“why”
“cos this is the queue for the AK Car park”

“sorry, we actually in the wrong area…..how do we leave the car park”
“Straight through the car park mam, turn left under the bridge”

So out of the animal kingdom, and back onto the main road again..Then we spot it the Typhoon Lagoon sign.
Right turn and into the TL car park arrive 45 minutes after we left.

Get tickets and head into park, find a nice spot, which surprises me because the place is packed, but 2 loungers left side of tillys clock, under a palm tree.  Dump towels and Amanda goes off to buy the forever free drinks cup Purchase cup for $10 and you get free refills all day, anytime in the future can be used in any of the water parks you just pay $5 and drinks free all day. Ideal for us two. I head off for a locker, enormous queue, but cm arrives to hand out keys at back of line where I am if you had right monies $7 ($2 refund).

Back to the beds, on with the Pizz Buin and down to lazy river. Know I’m here now, love floating around here, lost Amanda on the way around, but met up again at the end. Back to Sun bed, slurp of coke (Diet of course), on with more Pizz Buin, and start to read book, Cat and Mouse, very very good.
Spend the day going in and out of the Lagoon, love the waves and Amanda and I go right to the top and body surf back in, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Of to snorkel in the shark reef, now I can scuba dive and so can Amanda, so why when I get in here, do I go into a blind panic whenever the water gets I my mask, some sylph like creature with a floaty thing had to come over and help me, as I was talking gibberish and trying to put mask on, whilst drowning. SO embarrassing, mask on upside down, god I can be scary at times.

Then up to the water slides, can’t remember which one it was, but some how I turned and lost the plot half way down, legs and arms akimbo, head first into the plunge pool at end, hysterical laughter from Amanda as I tried to maintain some form of dignity and I scrabbled to the edge of the water.  Lunchtime, off to buy lunch, but it is now I remember that i have left my Money at in my purse on the bed in the hotel, luckily, for some reason I have cc with me, so get lunch, Hamburger and fries for Amanda, Chicken Caesars salad for me.
Back to the beds for some bathing.  Then they announce that there has been a storm warning, and that they may have to close, mass exodus, not us were British, no little storms going to stop us.  About an hour later sky goes a bit dark and gloomy so we leave, it’s 3 o’clock anyway.  Manage to get home in   15 minutes, back to rooms and collapse on beds for a few hours.  At 5 o’clock it’s of to the Beltz and I_DRIVE.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 02, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

Sounds like you enjoyed it once you got there .

Off to read part two...
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 02, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Quote:"Then up to the water slides, can’t remember which one it was, but some how I turned and lost the plot half way down"

You didn't get lost coming down the water slide did you?

I'd appeal to the video ref. This should be 3-2 to Amanda .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 02, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
lol Tanya! . glad you found it eventually . sounds like you had fun in those waves once you arrived .
Old 28 Apr 02, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report Tanya! .

Can't wait for the next one.

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxx .
Old 28 Apr 02, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

So funny Tanya!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 02, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

. Great reports Tanya  .
They have me in fits of laughter