Old 24 Apr 02, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day Three

Universal Studios and an unusual start to the day…………………..

Awoke at 7.30 up and out by 8:30 and its off to the Magic Kingdom, oh I hear you say, what’s occurring here then, thought you were off to Universal Studios, well so did I. Arrived at the MK and wandered through main street, and noticed that Amanda was not with me, funny I thought, sure she was here a minute ago. Had a quick look around, and in the distance saw a lot of fuss and bother on the stage where the characters do their business. As I got closer I spotted Angel, wearing a very fetching ensemble in tiger colours, she was strutting her stuff down a cat walk, still a little confused I looked around for Amanda, omg their was Bonzo and Wendy all wearing Disney character clothes……….and Simon (Britt’s guy) commenting on their outfits, a round of applause went up the crowds were ecstatic, everyone taking bows all the dibbers were their…………….Glug Glug went the coffee machine…….I turned over….where was I now………Ah ha………a dream……really weird…….it was sooo strange.

So Day Three starts again Up for real at 08.0 quick check on the weather channel..85, sunny some cloud cover.
Today is the first day that we really get to use the car. Poor little red dodge has been parked the other side of the hotel since we moved rooms yesterday. So off we go, remembering that I am in charge of the handbrake I duly release at the correct time. Amanda, I can see, is very impressed with my hand braking capabilities, and has almost agreed to allow me to drive later on today, apparently having driven her to Blue water earlier in the year, she appears a little tense about me driving over here, can’t think why not, not my fault the M25 the wrong way round.
Anyway, I digress, we arrive at universal at about 10.0, park in Jurassic, and head towards the ticket office, where we duly purchase a 2 day pass and are given a third day free. First things first, its off for breakies. Egg and ham Croissants and a coffee $3.99. Very nice, service a little slow. Sit and decide what to do first and decided to start with Terminator. Brilliant loved this last time and loved it again, the theming is brilliant, especially the girl at the beginning. Then it’s up to MIB, got a fast pass, and the time on was now, so went straight on. I was SOOOO disappointed with this, thought it awful. Score average, and had no desire to do again, was waiting for something to happen. Came out and sun was in full glow now weather beautiful, decided to have an ice cream, so we had a chocolate and a caramel twister…. yummy. Then it was straight on to Jaws, again no queues, it was unbelievable, the whole day we just walked onto rides, could have walked off and back on again within 15 minutes. Amanda, shrieked a bit, and by this ride and day three of our holiday we had a bit of a mantra going every time we got onto a ride…
“Keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle…. you will get wet” by the end of the holiday this chant was imprinted on our brains. Because the park was so quiet it was onto earthquake came off, walked straight onto King Kong and then got a fast pass for twister that again was for the time we actually got the ticket. However this went a bit wrong, they had no one organising the fp line, so we ended up with everyone else oh all 40 of them!!!!!!!!!! Although I enjoyed this, thought the effects very clever, although the cow a little disappointing, don’t think I would have wanted to queue for a long time for this one. Had my photo taken with Beetlejuice as Amanda said someone had to make me look good, i told her to shut up, otherwise the other shin would get it, and besides if i could'nt drive it was my job to look Purty. (more american, getting really good at this now will be fluent by the end of the week).
We actually had done all the rides ect by 3pm so we decided to go home and sit by the pool.

As we sat by the pool it became clear that Amanda and I were getting really fluent in American speak, we had “Bucks” and we opened the “trunk”.
I noticed in Simons report he mentioned Babes by the pool, well honestly I did not know he could see us, he was obviously hiding in the bushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

In the evening we went to sizzler and met up with Amanda’s friends from the airport, and then a little shopping at the Mercado. Fantastic shop that sold really cool (see another Americanism) hair slides, t-shirts and sunglasses ect that went lovely colours in the sunshine, so just had to buy some of those. Then home to the room, usual evening entertainment of Law and Order, weather channel and local 9 news.

One other thing happened which i have just remembered.  While we were sitting by the pool thier was an american lady with her Son about 14yrs old.  They were talking about Florida and wdw. The Son said to the Mother
"mom, where exactly is Miami"
"not sure son think its up towards Washingon"..how bizzare.

Today no one did anything they should not have score so the scores remain even, however tomorrow is a different story…

I-DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Tanya... you've seen my little Tigger number then? !!!!!! . How weird was that? More like a nightmare than a dream I bet!!
Old 25 Apr 02, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It was strange..you know how when you wake up you have to really think if what happened actually happened, and the really wierd thing is, i have never met any of you, apart from Simon, and he's banned from my dreams, but i recognised everyone... me thinks me spent to much time on these here boards before i went!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
so,  where you wearing your pajama's in Magic Kingdom?  I also have mine on in my dreams and spend most of the dream trying to buy a decent outfit.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

I bet you were glad it was only a dream Tanya, sounds like you had another good day.

.  .  .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

What a weird dream .

Sounds like a good day was had. Looking forward to reading the next installment.
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

You poor girl - fancy dreaming about Shaun. You have my sympathies...
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

So Jimmy, still 2-2 but a fascinating game for the connoisseur.

Oh yes, lots of constructive action, plenty of incident,real and imaginary, and lots to talk about.
Safe to say, that whoever scores next will be in the lead, and if nothing else happens, they'll win.

Er... thanks , Jimmy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 02, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tinkerbell @ April 25 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have never met any of you, apart from Simon, and he's banned from my dreams</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Really Tanya, I thought I was every womans dream .

On the subject of how thick the Americans can be. I was talking to a young American &quot;babe&quot; while waiting for the fireworks at Epcot and she asked where I was from. When I replied that I lived near London she said that she didn't know they spoke English in London. Isn't education a wonderful thing.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 02, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Tanya,

Somehow I'm not suprised that you dreamt of me  .

...now, what costime was I wearing? - Fireman? Soldier? Policeman? Officer &amp; a Gentlemen white Uniform?

The mind boggles! - LOL

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL